Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 PM

Default Switching between Monitor mix and headphone mix

I am having two problems I hope someone can guide me.
I am running pro tools LE 8 with the digi 002 on a 27" quad core i7 Imac (8GB Ram). I have connected a set of Rocket 6 Studio Monitors.
For some reason when I plug the monitors into the (mon L) and (mon R) I get no playback. When I plug them into the (Main L) and (Main R) I get playback. The digi manual says that your monitors are suppose to be plugged into the Mon L and Mon R. Are there some settings somewhere in Pro tools that I need to change.

My Main problem however is that When I plug my headphones into the from of the 002 rack I get no sound. How do I switch the output from monitor to headphone?

I hope someone can give me some advise : ) Thanks so much
-Ali-
Heart Pharmacy Music
Old 08-02-2010, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Switching between Monitor mix and headphone mix

not positive on the 002, bt monitor and 1/2 should be mirrors, if not then it's possible that a button on the front will enable that, or maybe it's switched to 3/4

in any case, main mix is almost out 1/2, so coming out the 1/2 or the monitor should be the same -HOWEVER - coming out the monitor will give you use of the volume control knob on the front, whereas the out 1/2 will be governed by PT.

If you have a monitor controller then just use analog out 1/2 and calibrate your monitor controller, if not then you should use monitor out.

when in doubt - read the manual and test the connections. it could be you have a faulty box, but try everything first. it's most likely user error (happens)
Old 08-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Switching between Monitor mix and headphone mix

On my 002R all the controls on the front are in reference to the monitors not the Main outs. So volume, headphone volume, mute button etc.

Also, when you first launch an 002 the mute button is automatically engaged.