Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2013, 04:03 PM

Default Video stuttering/flashing...

Hey all,

I know I read something about this being a known issue but I can't locate it now.
My video is flashing, cutting, chopping in my sessions. It's H.264, the same video I've been using in 10 for the past year. I'm positive it's to do with the upgrade to PT11, but I can't remember why.

I wills say, the session was started in PT10, then moved to 11. It seems like I remember that being a problem. But, can't seem to figure out a solution.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks!
Old 12-24-2013, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Video stuttering/flashing...

Apparently that issue has been addressed in PT 11.1 launched yesterday:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...Pro-Tools-11-1

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3
Old 12-31-2013, 11:34 AM

Default Re: More Issues

Wondering if any of you are having multiple issues with Mavericks/PT11. The list is really growing for me. Maybe this is a thread better started in the general area.
Thus far, this is the rockiest Pro Tools upgrade I've encountered in about 20 years of working on the software.

Any ideas on the latest bugs?

-Video stuttering (Seems to be codec related and fixable, though oddly had no issues in PT10 on 10.6.8)

-WaveRider performance problems - Plug-in specific but it won't write regularly... it zips down to zero volume randomly as it tries to write audio levels. (I use this as a precursor to manual riding during the mix phase simply to stay in general volume ranges.)

-Audio Suite EQ - When I sample bits of audio I want to process with DigiRack EQ7, I just get random buzzes and tones... not the audio. So, I'll highlight a region... hit preview... and it's just random hisses and tones. No audio. Then later, it will work fine.

-Multiple crashes on start-up. I have two iLok keys and a waves key.. and it seems like 1 out of 4 start-up attempts result in a crash.

There are many others, but that's just a quick starter list. Anyone finding similar, or have any fixes for these issues? Odd that this was such an expensive upgrade. It really feels like this wasn't remotely beta tested at all.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:43 AM

-Cannot eject hard drives. "Pro Tools is using" error, even when its not. Often, I'll even have to quit PT, and STILL can't eject the hard drive.

Another one for the list.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:49 AM

Sometimes opening a session that has a video track that played well before, shows an error stating that video can´t be played due to a missing codec. The video track clip shows up in orange. Sometimes it plays only on the video window and doesn´t output via Blackmagic video out, sometimes it doesn´t play in either.

The same video plays fine on 10.3.7/8. Closing 11 and reopening and all is fine again.

I´m only using PRO RES in SD on a daily basis. MP4v usually doesn´t play either.

Considering that AVID intended that PT11 would ingest every video format that MC can handle, is still a bit far from being true and exibits some bugs.

This video engine needs fixing.

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3