Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 07:47 PM

Default session template question

Hello.
why is it that when i turn a session template into a session it puts the audio files in a random place.
What am i doing wrong.
thanks for your help.
-jeff
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: session template question

I was having a problem where copies of the template were being made each time and I've read about your problem as well. I think the solution to both problems is to open ProTools first, then open your session template from within ProTools. You'll get asked if you are editing the stationary pad or making a new copy. When you make the new copy you'll get the save dialog where you can rename the session and put it where you want. It always seems to default to putting the new session folder into the template folder, so I always navigate out one layer to my "sessions" folder when saving the new. Works every time...
Old 03-07-2007, 07:36 PM

I'll give that a try, thank you very much.
-jeff
Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 PM

yeah there is a big bug in system.

I just upgraded to 6.9 with OS 10.3.9 and it is screwy. I just came from a 2 farm mix system and PT5.1 not real thrilled with this LE version. I will try opening templates from within the menu and see what happens. yes that did the trick. but i would rather they fix the bug. thanks
Cleveland, OH
Old 03-08-2007, 09:12 PM

I think the best way to do it is to not open the template session at all. Create your new session with the correct sample rate and bit depth(and name) and once it is open, Choose the IMPORT SESSION DATA command, select your template session and use the MAC command to select all the tracks and that should make your new session have everything the template session had BUT your new audio will be recorded in the correct folder that resides in your new session. It works great on my PC so it must work as good on a MAC.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
yeah there is a big bug in system.

I just upgraded to 6.9 with OS 10.3.9 and it is screwy. I just came from a 2 farm mix system and PT5.1 not real thrilled with this LE version. I will try opening templates from within the menu and see what happens. yes that did the trick. but i would rather they fix the bug. thanks
This is not a Protools bug, but a change that Apple made to OS X. The same issue exists for other applications that can use template files.

The workaround is to open PT first, then either drag your template file onto the PT icon in the dock, or choose File->Open from within PT. If you don't like it, write to Apple, not Digi.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:32 AM

Quote:
I think the best way to do it is to not open the template session at all. Create your new session with the correct sample rate and bit depth(and name) and once it is open, Choose the IMPORT SESSION DATA command, select your template session and use the MAC command to select all the tracks and that should make your new session have everything the template session had BUT your new audio will be recorded in the correct folder that resides in your new session. It works great on my PC so it must work as good on a MAC.
I've tried this, but my memory locations never get imported. They are there, but when I click them nothing happends. And I do have the memory locations box check when importing.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:

yes, i just did it thius way and it was great. thanks a lot.
-jeff