Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 04-08-2009, 01:53 PM

Default Automate Plug In Preset Changes

I've tried to search for a definitive answer on this but haven't found it so I apologize if this question has been answered before...

I've created my own user plug in presets for Amp Farm and other Plug in's.

What I'm trying to do is automate the selection of the presents so the presets change at different points of the song.... That way I can simply change presets instead of going through all the tweaking for every change...

It would seem that changing the preset is not one of the selected parameters for the plug in so I'm stuck....

(It is interesting that in the Venue D-Show software there is a simple way to do this....)

Cheers
Old 04-08-2009, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Automate Plug In Preset Changes

You should be able to do this with snap shot automation. Select the plugin and enable all the parameters to be automatable. Go into Automation Off mode on the selected track. Select the area on the track that you want the preset to be on, select the preset in the amp farm plugin, then hit option command / this will write automation to all enabled parameters. (be aware that this will overwrite any other automation in the track unless you disable those parameters in the master automation enable window). Select the next area for the different preset, then pull up the preset in Amp Farm, option command / and it will snap shot those values to the selected area.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM

Talking Re: Automate Plug In Preset Changes

Thanks Bobby - hecka simple once it's explained!