Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Berhinger FCB 1010

If you're in the US: http://mysite.verizon.net/resoamqr/s...nics/id55.html

If you're in Europe: http://www.ossandust.be/
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 PM

Hooray! I got the UnO chip installed and your sysex file downloaded to the floorboard and it works. Thank you very much. I thought that the bottom five pedals would work to switch patches but right now just 1-4 work for that purpose which is better in my opinion. I am curious how to get beyond the 40th preset though. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:55 AM

That is very cool you got the pedal working.

Here is the deal, 11R has it's preset banks laid out in alphabetical order, a,b,c, etc... There are 4 presets per bank ths is why I used 1-4 to match the number of presets per bank. 10 is for the Wah on Off and 5 is for FX.

The FCB has 10 banks so we are limited to that but that is plenty for me, during gigs only usually use 2 banks ( 8 presets) at the most.

Enjoy!

Robert Monroe Turner
Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 PM

Thumbs up Re: Berhinger FCB 1010

Step by step instructions for calibrating the expression pedals here:

http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf/fcb10...n%20pedals.pdf

These expression pedals use light sensors and there are little stickers on the plastic piece that is attached to the bottom of the expression pedals. These stickers obscure the light to control the signal, besure the stickers are on correctly, One was almost falling off on my pedalboard. Sometimes the plastic becomes bent and hits the side of the little lights and the pedal does not work right. Be sure the stickers are on good and that the plastic is striaght between the light and sensor and does not touch either side check it with the full range of the pedals to be sure it is straight all the way. These measures will fix any problems with the expression pedals and they will perform very well!!!

Enjoy!

Robert Monroe Turner
Old 05-17-2010, 11:57 AM

Hi guys,
I got my 11R a month ago with the FCB 1010. I tried to program it but you are right... it's a pain in the @$$... no doubt...
I updated the firmware of my 11R and found that almost any parameter on amps and effects is MIDI controllable, further than the few ones appearing in the intructions book (now updated at Avid's webpage).
So, it seems that I'll be able to control, for example, the sustain of my 11R Fuzz FX while playing life using one of the expression pedals. That is really COOL...
OK, now the trouble comes when trying to program the FCB1010 to do so.
I haven't been able even to program the wah pedal with the expression pedals... and I've followed exactly every single intruction in that bloody hell of manual... So I have tons of questions about this...

Do I have to connect both in and out MIDI cables between the pedalboard and the 11R, or what...???
Will my dreams come true if I buy the UnO chip?
Is there an FCB1010 Editor for Mac?
....?...?...?

Thanks guys, you are the sunshine of my heart...

Salva
Old 05-17-2010, 12:07 PM

The basic functions (preset switching, volume, wah) will work without the UNO chip. What the chip only gives you is the stompbox-mode (using the upper or the lower row of switches as on/off-buttons for overdrive, modulation, delay, reverb etc., like they were stompboxes). That doesn't work with a stock FCB.
I didn't have any luck with an editor on the Mac, I tried iFCB which is great performance-wise but doesn't support the UNO chip. So if your FCB is stock, this might be a cool solution for you. Here's the link

What worked partly for me was the PC editor run in VM Fusion (PC simulation on the Mac). The app itself is a java app, so it should be platform-independent, but on the Mac the performance is terrible, it takes forever to execute one step. In the virtual machine (Fusion) it's fine.

I managed to set up my FCB's basic functions (switches 1-4 for preset changes, since the 11R also has four presets in a bank) with the editor. The stompbox thing had to be done manually using the manual for programming the UNO-FCB without an editor. You quickly get used to the steps, though it seems hard at first glance.

Robert (a guy from the forum here) was also kind enough to supply his sysex file - but I wasn't lucky with that either. I guess my FCB just has a problem with sysex transmissions.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:34 PM

My SYSEX file works great is very easy to use all you need is the 11R the FCB editor, 2 MIDI cables and a computer.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmonroe View Post
My SYSEX file works great is very easy to use all you need is the 11R the FCB editor, 2 MIDI cables and a computer.
Do you need a USB to MIDI to connect the FCB1010 to the computer, so the editor can write to it?

or you can write to it like

FCB -MIDI-> 11R -USB-> COMPUTER
Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Just plug the midi cables directly into the 11R and the FCB1010 and then use the USB to connect to the computer.

Robert Monroe
Old 05-18-2010, 09:51 AM

New download links for the files

http://hotfile.com/dl/43533109/b1ee6...even-rack.syx.

http://hotfile.com/dl/43533843/4d2b8b7/FCB1010.exe.html

Enjoy

Robert Monroe Turner