Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 02-09-2008, 11:44 PM

Default strike mix preset--which one?

This is strange: Yesterday, on Strike, I selected a mix preset. Today, I'm looking at the list of various Mix presets & there's nothing to indicate which Mix I have selected.

So, how do you know which Mix preset that you're currently using? Where in Strike does it say which Mix preset is loaded? I'm am so lost.

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 AM

Default Re: strike mix preset--which one?

The preset, style, kit and mix share the same name....so just go to the main window, hover your mouse over one of the play buttons at the bottom and it will say what style it is....and because thay share names, that will also be the name of the mix. If you start changing the mix or kit of a preset...name it to recall it again.

Other than that...good old notepad and pencil
Old 02-10-2008, 08:02 PM

Thanks so much for the help! This is what happened to me: I did change the Mix & that's why I don't know what the name of the Mix is now.

The preset that I started with is called 'grunge 115.' However, I changed the 'Mix' to something else. I simply don't remember what 'Mix' that I chose. I really thought that Strike would somehow indicate which Mix I'm currently using, but it sounds to me like it doesn't, from what you're saying.

Did I understand you correctly: If I select a Preset Style, then change the Mix--using a different Mix preset--the only way for me to know what Mix I've selected is to write it down on paper or save it to a User Setting?
Old 02-10-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Did I understand you correctly: If I select a Preset Style, then change the Mix--using a different Mix preset--the only way for me to know what Mix I've selected is to write it down on paper or save it to a User Setting?

As far as I can see , yes. There might be another way that I'm not aware of...maybe someone else will chime in. Not such a big deal though, really.....get a ballpark style you like..tweak the kit, tweak the mix..save the complete state of Strike and name it after the song it goes with