Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2010, 09:44 AM

Default HFS+ formated drive wont playback /record on vista

Hi,

Where in here does it say that after formating your xternal drive to HFS+ support, you will still need a permision to playback and record in PT on winVista. 32-bt

Recently i had a problem with my pc from the initial installation of PT8 after that, whenever i turn on my pc, I get the mount external drive
'' Drive F might be damaged would you like to mount anyway?''

ok, mount.

now I know that i have my auto save on in protools at 10mns interval. the moment it get to that time my whole system freezes. I realised that the drive was bad so i decided reformating the drive.

I tried:

1) reformat it to NTFS since i was made to understand that pt will be able to read and playback section from it but it did not work. it was asking me to change the permision in work space from Transfer to playback/record mode.

2) launch PT installer. checked the HFS+ option to modify my already installed PTs.

3) After the modificatio, to confirm if the Drive was formated correctly, right click dRive, property and yes it now HFS+.

these are all what i have done but PT will still not wont let me playback or record directly from this drive. I also checked to see if i can correct this from the work space but no luck.

Can you help me please me?

Many thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 09:55 AM

Default Re: HFS+ formated drive wont playback /record on vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dprincewillz View Post
Hi,

Where in here does it say that after formating your xternal drive to HFS+ support, you will still need a permision to playback and record in PT on winVista. 32-bt
This needs to be done in Pro Tools itself. Open pro Tools and go to Windows > Workspace. Click on the area to change the behavior of the drives.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 AM

thank you for the reply,

this was the first thing i did after formating. but the proble was that from columne A when i tried to change the status to R, it says i need permision. So i got me confused.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:22 AM

Unhappy Re: HFS+ formated drive wont playback /record on vista

by the way the capacity of the drive in question is 465 gb.

am runing vist from Apple boot camp, does this have some thing to do with partioning the 465gb drive?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dprincewillz View Post
thank you for the reply,
I'm keeping myself busy staying clear of the Olympics. I must say though, downtown was spotless and sparkling for once.

Quote:
this was the first thing i did after formating. but the proble was that from columne A when i tried to change the status to R, it says i need permision. So i got me confused.
For Pro Tools on PC, it's XP or W7 for most. Someone else could probably chime in here. I've never encountered that one.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Red face Re: HFS+ formated drive wont playback /record on vista

thanks shane.

Am not sure of the W7 yet but am hoping it will resolve all the issue with vista.

Please is any body there to help diagnose my problem?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 PM

hello,

any bo to help with below tread?