Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2014, 03:53 PM

Default Activation not working. Crossgrade Upgrade

I've emailed them, but its taking long.
Any help would be appreciated.

EVERY TIME i try enter my crossgrade activation code, I am asked to:
"Please update your billing address before redemption.
Before you can make full use of you Avid account, we need to collect some more details. Please verify or update your details below"

I FILL IT IN, THEN IT SAYS:
"Sorry, your account can't be used in Avid Store. Please contact the Customer Support team"

wow, this is so much fun. good grief.

As I just purchased a fast track duo with pro tools express, its PT10 and it doesn't install on yosemite. oh happy days.

I just want to install Pro Tools 11

QUESTON 2 which is unrelated but maybe someone knows this:

iF i have pro tools 8hd, can i upgrade that to pro tools 11hd and use with my UA Apollo?
if so, how much would it cost to upgrade?
can you send me links to where I could make this upgrade, and can you confirm that I don't need to have protools hd gear to use pro tools 11hd if intact i can upgrade from protools hd8.

thanks for all your help, hope you're having a great festive season :)
Old 12-29-2014, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Activation not working. Crossgrade Upgrade

Question 2 - Owners of Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 10, or any version of Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered can upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11* for just $199.**

As to question 1, since I don't know what you entered, I can't help.

Is this the USA store and your address is in the USA?
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:56 PM

Search the DUC, there are tonnes of usesrs who have and are experiencing this problem. There are solutions, just keep trying, try from different machines...sooner or later it'll either work, or someone will offer help.
MBP 15" High Sierra 10.13.3, i7 2.6Ghz, 8Gb DDR, 750Gb 7200rpm, PT 2019.5, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Octopre MkII, Glyph GPT50, Avalon 737sp, AMS Neve 1073's, API 512c, CAPI 312's, DW drums, Fender Guitars/Amps, AKG, Rode, Sennheiser, Neumann U87 & KM184's, Coles 4038, Equator D5 monitors
Old 12-29-2014, 09:06 PM

I purchased my crossgrade through Sweetwater and have the same problem. Filled out a support form yesterday and have not received any response from Avid. Left a message with my Sweetwater rep this morning and no response either.

I've been a Digidesign/Avid customer since 2001 and needless to say I'm very unhappy with how this situation is being handled. I'm obviously not the only person having this issue so what gives?
Old 01-01-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbro View Post
I purchased my crossgrade through Sweetwater and have the same problem. Filled out a support form yesterday and have not received any response from Avid. Left a message with my Sweetwater rep this morning and no response either.

I've been a Digidesign/Avid customer since 2001 and needless to say I'm very unhappy with how this situation is being handled. I'm obviously not the only person having this issue so what gives?
Thanks for all the replies folks. hopefully this helps.
I found by going through this link, I did not have any issues, and upgrade was successful.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...ActivationCard

I received an email saying I have just 90 days support, should I not have 12 months as I purchased the software before 2015?
Old 01-01-2015, 07:39 PM

@Charlie

Yes and you will recieve a revised ASC as soon as that system have been updated so don't worry about that It will come

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-02-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie rokit View Post

QUESTON 2 which is unrelated but maybe someone knows this:

iF i have pro tools 8hd, can i upgrade that to pro tools 11hd and use with my UA Apollo?
if so, how much would it cost to upgrade?
can you send me links to where I could make this upgrade, and can you confirm that I don't need to have protools hd gear to use pro tools 11hd if intact i can upgrade from protools hd8.
The upgrade options introduced at the beginning of November 2014, when the new 'support plan' upgrade system went live DO NOT allow for upgrading directly from PT8HD to PT11HD. Avid's explanation for this is that, as we all know, the TDM hardware required for PT8HD to run is not supported in PT11HD.

The way to do it is to purchase an upgrade from PT8HD to PT10HD, then upgrade from PT10HD to PT11HD. Of course that is more expensive as you are buying 2 upgrades.

This information is included in the official Pro Tools licensing FAQ document here
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...2014-Offer-FAQ

And here's the relevant extract from it ....

Q. I have Pro Tools HD 8 or earlier software. Am I eligible for the Pro Tools | HD 11 upgrade?
A. No. If you are using Pro Tools HD 8 or earlier software, you can trade up your legacy Pro Tools | HD system and interfaces for a new Pro Tools | HDX system, which includes Pro Tools | HD 11 and your choice of Pro Tools | HD Series interfaces, and save up to 40%. Contact your local authorized Avid reseller to take advantage now or get more details here. Pro Tools HD 7/8 users can upgrade to Pro Tools HD 10 here.

The important point is that, once you've upgraded to PT10HD, you are then free to buy the PT10HD to PT11HD upgrade. The PT10 licence that is included in the upgrade to PT11HD will allow you to run PT10HD on your TDM hardware. Of course you will need different hardware to run PT11HD.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)