Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 AM

Default Xpand 2 and Tempo Changes

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I find when I use tempo changes, either constant or linear, Xpand 2 produces little pops at each change.

This is beginning to get really annoying as I'm getting little pops every time I change tempo and I certainly can't use a linear variation for my accelerandos etc.

I don't know if I'm missing something in Xpand's settings or what.

Please help!

3.06gHz i3 iMac
12GB RAM
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Pro Tools 8.0.4
Vienna Instruments Special Edition
Vienna Instruments Soprano Choir
Mbox 2 Mini
1Tb G-Tech Firewire External Drive
M-Audio Oxygen 49
Old 11-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Xpand 2 and Tempo Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmcgann View Post
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I find when I use tempo changes, either constant or linear, Xpand 2 produces little pops at each change.
Yep, Hybrid produces the same behaviour. The issue is probably legacy and 'might' get fixed.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Xpand 2 and Tempo Changes

Hi!

I know I am replying to a post from ages ago. But just in case it might be of help to someone, I can recommend a simple workaround. I found that when I disable an FX (in FX 1 or FX 2 section of the Xpand2 GUI), the little pops/crackles completely disappear. Then, I just route the track to an aux track where I add a plugin for the effect I had disabled in Xpand2. Something like that. It's not ideal, but it does get rid of the issue.

I'm not sure if it applies to all FX types in the drop-down menu in FX 1 and FX 2, but in my case, the culprit was a chorus type effect (I don't remember which Chorus it was, sorry) in FX 1. But I do remember that I also did not disable FX 2 which contained another type of effect. So, I think you can just discover which ones cause the issue by a process of elimination.