Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-21-2002, 05:15 PM

Default Will I be able to assign control knobs on a midi keyboard to automation ?

I've been looking at getting one of the evolution USB midi keyboards later in the year and the models I'm looking at either have a 49 Keys and 14 assignable controllers or 61 keys and 16 controllers.

I'm thinking of going for the 61key version unless my inpatience makes me buy the cheaper of the 2.

I plan on using most of the control knobs for realtime automation control for plug-ins and panning while leaving a few for synthesis (cut off, resonance ,ADSR)

If I've read up on it correctly, the motormix needs a midi channel to itself, does this mean with other controllers I wouldn't be able to use the same midi channel for midi control as I would for automation ?

It'd be great to just use a strip of knobs on a controller keyboard for both midi and automation control.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Will I be able to assign control knobs on a midi keyboard to automation ?

anyone got the answer to this?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Will I be able to assign control knobs on a midi keyboard to automation ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
I've been looking at getting one of the evolution USB midi keyboards later in the year and the models I'm looking at either have a 49 Keys and 14 assignable controllers or 61 keys and 16 controllers.

I'm thinking of going for the 61key version unless my inpatience makes me buy the cheaper of the 2.

I plan on using most of the control knobs for realtime automation control for plug-ins and panning while leaving a few for synthesis (cut off, resonance ,ADSR)

If I've read up on it correctly, the motormix needs a midi channel to itself, does this mean with other controllers I wouldn't be able to use the same midi channel for midi control as I would for automation ?

It'd be great to just use a strip of knobs on a controller keyboard for both midi and automation control.

You should be able to set this up using the "Learn" command in the setup operation for midi. See p. 900 of the PT User Guide.