Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2000, 06:07 AM

Default cubase vst and 001- separate outs

Is it possible to route audio through separate out using vst?
How many audio tracks can vst record simultaneously?
Is Vst STABLE?
Cheers for any replies
Old 08-21-2000, 09:46 AM

Default Re: cubase vst and 001- separate outs

I tested the separate in/outs on the 001 with Cubase 4.1r2. The analog i/o all seeemed to work fine. I wasn't able to get the digital i/o working (S/PDIF and ADAT).

In my experience, Cubase still crashes occasionally (which is way too much), so I generally don't use it with paying clients. It does have "autosave" which will keep you from losing much data if it crashes, however - a REALLY nice feature that should be in PTLE, but isn't.

I haven't tried maxing out the # of tracks, but I've heard of people getting at least 32 and as many as 40 tracks out of Cubase on a G4 and an ATA/66 drive - more on a good SCSI drive.

I've started several projects in Cubase (using midi mostly) and then transferred both midi and audio to PTLE without any real problems. The SMF file doesn't remember OMS output settings, so you have to write down the output assignment and re-assign when you import it. Audio translates just fine because with 4.1r2, you can export the audio files as sdii and directly import to PTLE. Earlier versions of Cubase would not export to sdii (even though the menu option was there). If you have the older version of Cubase (4.1r1 or earlier) You could try to import aiff, but I haven't tried that myself.

------------------
LW

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.