Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2023, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Yep... what's interesting is this seems like a "stealth" update. It is not available in PA-InstallationManager, but only by downloading the 1.6.2 installer from the website which you wouldn't know was there unless, like me, you go looking from time to time since PA isn't exactly good about notifying users of updates.

Just for kicks, I launched PT 2022.12 in Rosetta and v 1.6.2 works fine, but of course isn't working when running PT natively. The other formats (AU, VST3) seem to work fine and I have other DAWs on my Mac, so the solution for me is to install the other formats from the 1.6.2 standalone installer, then go back and run PA-InstallationManager and install just the 1.6.0 version of AAX so it won't throw the error and I can use it in the unlikely event I run PT 2022.12 in Rosetta.

UPDATE: Looks like the PA-InstallationManager installs 1.6.2 of the VST3 and AU and 1.6.0 of the AAX. The 1.6.2 AAX seems to be in the separate standalone installer from their website. 1.6.2 AU causes problems for me in DP so I installed 1.6.0 AU again. Logic actually has no problem with 1.6.2, but DP tends to be more finicky. Oh well...

Last edited by James Steele; 03-16-2023 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
…and, as I indicated above, this seems much like the experience I have with Neold; they say they're compatible, pluginfo say's they are, in fact they even load at launch w/PT, but if you instantiate them they are empty. I guess PA install/license system stands in the way.
I noticed that a few weeks ago but after a recent PA update PT will now flag them upon launching the app (stating that they're not compatible) so I moved them to the unused folder until PA gets it sorted.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:24 AM

TC Clarity M software for their hardware meter , 2.1.0 now appearing AAX silicon https://www.tcelectronic.com/product...odelCode=P0DC8
Old 03-17-2023, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
…and, as I indicated above, this seems much like the experience I have with Neold; they say they're compatible, pluginfo say's they are, in fact they even load at launch w/PT, but if you instantiate them they are empty. I guess PA install/license system stands in the way.
I just re-installed the Neold AAX with the separate installers from the PA website.
They work now natively for me on M1, but I am still in Monterey land.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbass View Post
I just re-installed the Neold AAX with the separate installers from the PA website.
Yes, same and I’m running Ventura on one system and Monterey on another, both running Neold AAX plug-ins fine.
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 03-17-2023, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Many thanks. I just did a quick check with Neold Big Al, and it works here too. I noticed that Black Box HG-2 had a newer version also, so I tried it - did not work. That's all I have time for, for now.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsimmons View Post
TC Clarity M software for their hardware meter , 2.1.0 now appearing AAX silicon https://www.tcelectronic.com/product...odelCode=P0DC8
There's a glimmer of hope for the other plugins. I did reach out to TC today, specifically about the plugins -- I'll report back once I get a response.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I tried using the PA Installation Manager and it updated Neold plugins and they work in PT Native.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:26 PM

From TC Electronic:

"We are 100% committed to creating native M1 versions of our plug-ins. As there is more to programming these than just a recompile of the software, (due to the code base, libraries, and the sheer number of work hours needed), this is, unfortunately, not a short-term project. We will update you on a release date as soon we are able."
Old 03-17-2023, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
From TC Electronic:

"We are 100% committed to creating native M1 versions of our plug-ins. As there is more to programming these than just a recompile of the software, (due to the code base, libraries, and the sheer number of work hours needed), this is, unfortunately, not a short-term project. We will update you on a release date as soon we are able."
"Native M1 versions" is what developers have given us for more than two years, AAX is another thing. Not trying to rain on your parade, but if they haven't done it with AU and VST by now (assuming they haven't), this seems like a feeble statement.