Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2020, 10:35 AM

Default Re: ARA: They really just don't know how to do this, do they.

Comparing an "industry standard" product to 30 year old technology seems inappropriate. It seems reasonable to compare it to competing DAW products, and a number of them have full ARA 2 integration, and have for a very long time. Of course people can get the work done. People made good records on 2-track recorders 60 years ago. That doesn't change that expecting an "industry standard" to include current technology is reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinsong View Post
Don’t try to make a player piano out of a reel to reel. There was a time when you had to manually use a razor on a block not too long ago to get your edits. Don’t expect to pick up the pieces after it been done through with a confetti machine. Be thankful for the functionality it has. If you think you’re so adept, pull the rabbit out of the hat with the tools at your disposal using multiple programs that can fulfill your task. Don’t knock the programmers for not pulling a rabbit out of your particular hat. Also, I wanted to add, that they even did that for with the audio to midi function. Playing ping pong from a programmers perspective would be like returning the serve. What’s in it for me? Don’t be surprised if they don’t offer you what you want at the price you’re willing to pay even if it has to come at the expense of using different programs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2020, 10:37 AM

Default ARA: They really just don't know how to do this, do they.

I also mentioned looking forward. You need to realize you’re still holding a wooden spoon. Look at the current model. Subscriptions, app purchases, and different programs pay, need I also mention in app purchases and hardware upgrades, not rewriting code. Gives me an idea slightly off topic. How about in app purchases for upgrades to computer programs not just apps. Not that I’m trying to implicate myself, but it doesn’t make much of a difference with your view. Put your money where your mouth is. Also, from a historical standpoint, 8 tracks on the consumer level is 60 years back. Keep your hands off the eight track. Just joking.

Last edited by spinsong; 12-14-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I also mentioned looking forward. You need to realize you’re still holding a wooden spoon. Look at the current model. Subscriptions, app purchases, and different programs pay, need I also mention in app purchases and hardware upgrades, not rewriting code. Gives me an idea slightly off topic. How about in app purchases for upgrades to computer programs not just apps. Not that I’m trying to implicate myself, but it doesn’t make much of a difference with your view. Put your money where your mouth is. Also, from a historical standpoint, 8 tracks on the consumer level is 60 years back. Keep your hands off the eight track.

Hey man, what’s your message? Say it loud and clear, so even non native speakers like me get it, please.
Old 12-14-2020, 11:45 AM

Default ARA: They really just don't know how to do this, do they.

The message is that you went too far back before some of us were even born. 60 years is not a walk in the park. So somebody please get out your grannies and talk some sense into this man. Abuela Abuela. That tech is so old that I had to look it up. A person using 60 year old tech is probably pushing 80. Back then there were 8 tracks on consumer, not just 2 on the pro level. Is that a good backhand. I’m done with this lobbying around. See you at the races. Talk about one track. Not that it’s not going in that direction.
Is that enough stop you in your tracks. No money Mo money.
More bang for your buck. Choo Choo.

Last edited by spinsong; 12-14-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
There was a time when we had kill and forage for our food as well. Times change.
Don't we still need to kill, or are you a vegan?
Old 12-14-2020, 05:45 PM

At the risk of being over the target, and having my posts pulled again, all companies are having severe trouble retaining people to work on legacy type code issues, let alone train new people , in a field where it just doesnt make sense to them ,cuz they dont use the feature....look what happened to AMS, god forbid that PTools get abandoned like that did....
Old 12-15-2020, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Don't we still need to kill, or are you a vegan?
When's the last time you personally killed something? You know exactly what I mean, stop being obtuse.

I'm veggie, FWIW.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:22 AM

Quote:
The message is that you went too far back before some of us were even born. 60 years is not a walk in the park. So somebody please get out your grannies and talk some sense into this man. Abuela Abuela. That tech is so old that I had to look it up. A person using 60 year old tech is probably pushing 80. Back then there were 8 tracks on consumer, not just 2 on the pro level. Is that a good backhand. I’m done with this lobbying around. See you at the races. Talk about one track. Not that it’s not going in that direction.
Is that enough stop you in your tracks. No money Mo money.
More bang for your buck. Choo Choo.
Keep popping those pills guy
Old 12-15-2020, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
When's the last time you personally killed something?

Yeah, I'm veggie, FWIW.
Not very long time ago. Rooster wake me up and I just lost it and had heavy breakfast. Why?
Old 12-15-2020, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Not very long time ago. Rooster wake me up and I just lost it and had heavy breakfast. Why?
Just have a word with AVID and get them to sort ARA our and stop being a clown.