Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 06-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Default Pro Tools crashes trying to Commit an instrument track Rewired with Reason

Hi all - long time reader, first time poster... I just upgraded to Pro Tools 12.5 from 12.4 hoping this issue was solved but it's not.

When I try to commit an instrument track in Pro Tools 12.5 and previously in 12.4 (specifically Rewired with Reason 8.3.2) Pro Tools crashes and Reason is left frozen/hanging. It happens every time. I haven't tried any other Rewire instruments as this is the only one I have.

The only workaround i've got is to solo the track and bounce it out then re-import it as audio.

Anyone else??
Help!
Old 06-02-2016, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools crashes trying to Commit an instrument track Rewired with Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbenjaminspeed View Post
Hi all - long time reader, first time poster... I just upgraded to Pro Tools 12.5 from 12.4 hoping this issue was solved but it's not.

When I try to commit an instrument track in Pro Tools 12.5 and previously in 12.4 (specifically Rewired with Reason 8.3.2) Pro Tools crashes and Reason is left frozen/hanging. It happens every time. I haven't tried any other Rewire instruments as this is the only one I have.

The only workaround i've got is to solo the track and bounce it out then re-import it as audio.

Anyone else??
Help!
Are you committing real time?? or offline? I could see maybe causing problems if its offline?? Shouldnt crash though!!
When doing a bounce, there is a tick box to have it import the audio automatically after the bounce.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-05-2016, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools crashes trying to Commit an instrument track Rewired with Reason

u-he zebra also crashes 12.5 HD when trying to commit..
Old 07-02-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Are you committing real time?? or offline? I could see maybe causing problems if its offline?? Shouldnt crash though!!
When doing a bounce, there is a tick box to have it import the audio automatically after the bounce.
Yes guitardom, it crashes in real time Commit. Very annoying... Every other real time Commit works perfectly fine. Regardless of having to do workarounds it's still a bug...
Old 04-30-2017, 01:21 PM

Same with ProTools 12.4 and Vienna Ensemble Pro 6. PT crashes allways using Commit. Therefor it's totally useless. Would be great if it worked.
My workaround: Route manually and record to audio.
Like since 1998 with PT 4.3.1.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:20 PM

Same problem with Electri6ity and PT 2020.5 on Mojave.