How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2012, 10:49 AM

Default URGENT HELP NEEDED, Clocking cause assertion errors

So I'm getting this error:

"Volumes/Development/ws.Ludwig/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1350.

I know its related to the playback engine and I have repeatedly tried every normal troubleshooting remedy including holding N when starting.

The issues arrises when I attempt to run at 96Khz. I'm using an Echo Audio AudioFire12 and an AudioFire8 clocked externally to an Apogee Rosetta 200. On Pro Tools 10.2. MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 4GB Ram, OSX 10.7.4

Pro Tools starts fine if Im running at 48khz or i shut off my interfaces and run on the Built-In Output. Then if I attempt to turn my interfaces on or if they are already on and I switch my playback engine to them Pro Tools hangs and doesn't recover.

Also, when I am experiencing this issue sometimes pro tools will hang on startup when as it gets to a certain plugin to load, lately its been my UAD2 1176, previously it was RND Inspector.

Why does pro tools have to be so difficult? Does anyone have a solution? I would specifically like Avid to chime in here if they are reading. Its not and issue with the Echo devises. Pro Tools attempts to reset the clock on my interfaces and thats when everything goes to crap. I know this cause ProTools can reset my AudioFire12 but the AudioFire8 maintains its settings.

http://www.Abravemix.com