Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2018, 08:24 AM
ejsongs ejsongs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: los angeles
Posts: 415
Default hdx aaxdsp is dying

I contacted avid a few weeks ago as a potential hdx customer interested in what plugins were currently available for hdx/aaxdsp format. No one could tell me or provide a list of aaxdsp plugins. They have gotten rid of their plugin finder.

I find it utterly embarrassing that a manufacture can not tell you the compatible plugins on their top of the line product. I may actually post the actual thread as the conversation is way worst than what i am describing here…finally the rep tried to sell a one time support code in order to get to an actual specialist…even though I have a yearly contract subscription.

when a "specialist" replied, he didn't know either.

This coupled with the fact that hdx cards are out of stock nation-wide due to manufacturing issues, how in the heck does avid expect to keep this alive?

or maybe they don't!!!!

this is very bad on many levels
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Keith Robichaux's Avatar
Keith Robichaux Keith Robichaux is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 75
Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

My booksmarks bar link is broken.
Maybe someone will find the new link.

https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__Products...op&cclcl=en_US

Maybe being updated.

Kind of still there.
__________________
Mac 5.1,PT10HD, 192's, SSL 4040G+
keithrobichaux.com
@keith_robichaux -Twitter,Instagram

Last edited by Keith Robichaux; 03-04-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Bob Olhsson's Avatar
Bob Olhsson Bob Olhsson is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Songwriter Gulch, Nashville, TN
Posts: 3,335
Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

The stickies at the top of this forum are still growing. Many are upset about their waves WUP not yielding AAX-DSP versions but there are plenty of excellent AAX-DSP plugs from other developers.
__________________
Bob's room 615 562-4346
Georgetown Masters 615 254-3233
Interview
Artists are the gatekeepers of truth! - Paul Robeson
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2018, 10:21 AM
creativecontrol's Avatar
creativecontrol creativecontrol is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 769
Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

Greetings,

Here's an XL sheet I've compiled to reference which lists the currently available AAX DSP plug-ins.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/gux2o5emjj..._DSP.xlsx?dl=0





best,



Jeff
__________________
Jeff Komar
Applications Specialist, Pro Audio
Avid
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-2018, 11:10 AM
jsvalmont jsvalmont is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 133
Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

This is a bit of an alarmist forum topic from a guy who just seems pissed off for no real reason. The plugin finder is in maintenance mode right now and you were expecting an individual support person to give you an exact current list of all AAX DSP plugins right off the top of their head? You do know that list is quite long and ever changing right? I have no idea about the stock levels of HDX card at the moment but it’s a stretch to assume that means they are ending manufacture. Have you thought that maybe they could be having trouble keeping up with demand since they did a significant price cut on the cards last year? A little patience goes a long way.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2018, 01:10 PM
JCBigler's Avatar
JCBigler JCBigler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 2,716
Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
This is a bit of an alarmist forum topic from a guy who just seems pissed off for no real reason. The plugin finder is in maintenance mode right now and you were expecting an individual support person to give you an exact current list of all AAX DSP plugins right off the top of their head? You do know that list is quite long and ever changing right? I have no idea about the stock levels of HDX card at the moment but it’s a stretch to assume that means they are ending manufacture. Have you thought that maybe they could be having trouble keeping up with demand since they did a significant price cut on the cards last year? A little patience goes a long way.
Lol...right.

Since everything AAX has to be licensed and approved by Avid, I would presume that they have at least an internal list of which plugins have been licensed and approved for both native and HDX systems.
__________________
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com
Head Audio/A1 Blue Man Group North American Tour

Home/mobile: Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Focusrite Red 8Pre / Protools HD Native 2018.10 Ultimate
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2018, 09:04 PM
ejsongs ejsongs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: los angeles
Posts: 415
Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
Lol...right.

Since everything AAX has to be licensed and approved by Avid, I would presume that they have at least an internal list of which plugins have been licensed and approved for both native and HDX systems.
exactly my point...if am a customer considering finally upgrading to hdx...the old plugin finder is gone...i tell you that i am trying to find a list of aaxdsp plugin and you as the rep tell me that the list doesnt exist and you dont know...what does that say about you and your company?

then on top of that you finally refer my case to "specialist" h=whi then writes me and says:

"This is Nestor from Avid Audio Technical Support. We
apologize for the inconvenience. We do not have list of all
available AAX-DSP plugins since there are a lot of third
party plug ins developer in the market and they are
continuously updating and changing their products. The only
plug ins finder that we can provide for the customer is the
link below.

https://shop.avid.com/?cclcl=en_US#s...ats=AAX+DSP+64

Also contacting the re-sellers might give you more
information regarding AAX-DSP plug ins available from their
stores since they are not limited to Avid products."

and the link that they provided was the exact same link I had been looking at before...then what am I suppose to think?

the links that you guys provided was exactly what i was looking for...yes i am pissed off that i am paying for support and asked a very simple question that could not get resolved until I posted here and at gearslutz...especially when i about about to drop $$$$ and what i am getting from avid is discouraging to say the least.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-04-2018, 09:08 PM
ejsongs ejsongs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: los angeles
Posts: 415
Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Greetings,

Here's an XL sheet I've compiled to reference which lists the currently available AAX DSP plug-ins.


https://www.dropbox.com/s/gux2o5emjj..._DSP.xlsx?dl=0

thank you jeff!!!!

ej



best,



Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-2018, 12:01 AM
TNM TNM is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,290
Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
exactly my point...if am a customer considering finally upgrading to hdx...the old plugin finder is gone...i tell you that i am trying to find a list of aaxdsp plugin and you as the rep tell me that the list doesnt exist and you dont know...what does that say about you and your company?

then on top of that you finally refer my case to "specialist" h=whi then writes me and says:

"This is Nestor from Avid Audio Technical Support. We
apologize for the inconvenience. We do not have list of all
available AAX-DSP plugins since there are a lot of third
party plug ins developer in the market and they are
continuously updating and changing their products. The only
plug ins finder that we can provide for the customer is the
link below.

https://shop.avid.com/?cclcl=en_US#s...ats=AAX+DSP+64

Also contacting the re-sellers might give you more
information regarding AAX-DSP plug ins available from their
stores since they are not limited to Avid products."

and the link that they provided was the exact same link I had been looking at before...then what am I suppose to think?

the links that you guys provided was exactly what i was looking for...yes i am pissed off that i am paying for support and asked a very simple question that could not get resolved until I posted here and at gearslutz...especially when i about about to drop $$$$ and what i am getting from avid is discouraging to say the least.
for what it's worth i 100% agree and it;s what stopped me from looking at HDX to solve my low buffer issue to be able to monitor with fx through pro tools. I check the plug in finder every week, and they still haven't added the aax dsp selector there.. it's like they are purposely making it extra hard to find dsp plugins and it doesn't make sense.
__________________
-iMac Pro 3.2ghz 8 Core, 64GB Ram, Vega 56, OS 10.14.6/Win10 Pro, TB3 Dock & 4xSSD, Apollo8 x2 + Octopre x2, Microlite x2, Midi Synths galore, PT 2019.10
-MBP 16" 2.4ghz 8 Core, 64GB ram, 8GB 5500M, OS 10.15.2/Win10 Pro, TB3 Dock & 2xSSD, Apollo Twin Duo + Scarlett Octopre, Logic 10.4.7/S1 4.5.5/Cubase 10.5
-MBP 15" 2.8ghz 4 core, 16gb ram, 750M, triple boot OS 10.12.6/10.13.6/10.14.6, On board analog audio out, PT 12/2018/2019
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-05-2018, 12:26 AM
Emcha_audio's Avatar
Emcha_audio Emcha_audio is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montréal, canada
Posts: 6,389
Default Re: hdx aaxdsp is dying

There are other sources also on the net that provides a list

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/aax-plug-in-database/
__________________
Manny.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dying here people.....Anyone....Anyone ??? RHDRAMA Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac) 12 02-22-2011 04:07 AM
Protools LE: A dying Daw? agami_ 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 6 05-13-2010 03:08 AM
Dying M Box? deafmute 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 5 10-01-2008 04:32 PM
Is TDM Dying? EarHole Post - Surround - Video 32 09-07-2006 10:11 AM
I'm dying here!!!!!!!! FatBelly 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 7 03-25-2003 02:25 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com