Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 05-06-2014, 03:57 AM

Default Lost all plugins after using Tech Support Utility to delete prefs & databases

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm in the right category. I am currently using Pro Tools 8.0.4 with an Mbox2 mini on a mac mini 2.53 GHz Intel Core Duo. Recently I have been having issues with pops and clicks. After reading everything posted in various threads (I tried everything, changing buffer size, processor # & %, etc…) I finally decided to try using the tech support utility to delete all prefs & databases.

I was absolutely HORRIFIED to reopen protools afterwards, only to find out that ALL of my plugins that came with pro tools when I installed the program (audio suite, all the basic EQ, dynamics, etc…) were all gone!!! I checked my plug-ins folder and found it empty. In my unused plugins folder there are 4 there, BF essential tuner, dynamics II, EQ II, funk logic mastered, and that's IT.

What happened to all of my plugins and more importantly, how can I reinstall them? I've looked all over the digidesign website to try to find the plug in installer and all I can find is the plug in updater…any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Lost all plugins after using Tech Support Utility to delete prefs & databases

Pleas follow the "help us help you" guidelines at the top of this page.

Testing:All APFS 90% 10% Audio on HFS+(Testing 1.5 yr in)
Pro Tools U-2019.10 macOS 10.14.6 APFS
Second boot-macOS 10.13.6 (Avid HDX-1 Omni)

(MP 5,1 / 64-Gb)
(Sapphire RX-580 MVC-Edition)
MOTU FW-CoreAudio (for poly recording)
(SSL-HUI-MIDIoverIP)
----
music-design-creation
Post Music-Sound mixing, Production-Enhancements.

Audio Tuning and System Services
new systems builds/upkeep
----
Old 05-11-2014, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Lost all plugins after using Tech Support Utility to delete prefs & databases

If these plug-ins are the stock plug-ins, you can simply re-install using the installer's utility.

Remember to always image your working system drive before making any changes to it.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 07-09-2014, 06:28 AM

I don't know if what I'm experiencing is the same as the one posted by the op but it is certainly similar. There is a You tube video describing the method of trashing preferences that clearly states to delete the DAE folder. Well I have just found that the DAE folder contains a sub folder called DAE Prefs. That's the one you should delete! In my case the main DAE folder held most of my plugins! I guess the best solution to this problem would be to keep the plugins in a different drive. I hope this helps.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:40 PM

The best if you made a backup copy from the folders where you try to magic. I prefer the osx built in zip compression, it can made an arichive from the folder without change the content.