Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-25-2009, 02:57 PM

Default Pro Tools thought my midi files were video files

so I wanted to use a session I had created as the basis for a new session. the old session had a video file and video track. I deleted the track and removed the video file from the session. I then tried to import the new video file, which was a different frame rate from the old video file.

Pro Tools tried to tell me that the new video files frame rate was different from the on currently in the session (the one I deleted) and thus would not let me import it.

After creating a new session and importing session data track by track, I found that Pro Tools thought that some of my midi files were actually video! When I imported the track with the midi data on it, PT prompted me to pick a place to save my VIDEO files. Strangeness.

Anybody seen this before? I'm guessing this is a bug, hopefully fixed in PT8.

PT HD 7.4cs10
Mac Pro quad 2.66
Old 08-25-2009, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools thought my midi files were video files

just to be totally clear here - when you removed the previous video did you manually clear it from the regions list as well? if the answer 'well, duh, of course' then my apologies.

midi thinking it's video... wierd.... had you originally imported the midi file from sibelius or anything like that?