Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 07-20-2003, 08:06 AM

Default Latest ASIO driver?

gday all,
Is the possibility of a full ASIO driver for XP on the horizon? The beta release has been good, but it is time to look after those of us running high end XP systems, the beta release is awesome sometimes, varied others. When could we expect the next installment?

Whispa
Old 08-06-2003, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Latest ASIO driver?

I might as well ask here. Tech Support hasn't answered me. I can't evern get this ASIO driver to load. It gives me error messages saying that I have an old version of ProTools below level 5.1. The problem is that I have 5.3.3. Anybody experienced this?
[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
I recall loading an earlier version of the whatever this ASIO is last year. It loaded, but none of my other programs would work with it. I had to add a $20.00 sound card to do the work of a $2,000.00 HD system. I really get a bang out of my buck.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:23 PM

Mike,
This might help: I never had problems with the ASIO on a Mix Plus or HD2 (or Mbox or 002,even). BUT….
1 - Uninstall any Wav drivers (at least, I remember major problems with this). Also, as is often true with PT stuff, it is wisest to uninstall all of the drivers and PT n.n.n itself, and then reinstall them both (very quick, no need to mess with software locks or anything).
2 - I was confused somewhat by the instructions indicating to install the driver either before or after Protools in order to be able to use both, or something like that. It has been a while, but I think what I did was just install PT, then the asio driver. As it is, I can use the PT hardware EITHER for Protools OR for any asio stuff. I don't try to run 2 at once (e.g., Protools and Vegas), so can't say anything about that.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:34 AM

Steve,
did you do anything else to get ASIO to work with Vegas? I can only see Sound Mapper and Wavedriver (not the PT wavedriver) in the drop down menu.... I can see it in WaveLab, but it won't play, reporting that hardware isn't responding.
I use 5.3.1, no PT wavedriver installed...
Old 08-11-2003, 04:14 AM

FYI - Just found that the release version of the ASIO driver seems to be included on the v6.1 CD.

Matt
Old 08-11-2003, 04:09 PM

The Windows Classic Wavedriver, which I think is part of the OS, shows up in mine Vegas list also. It wouldn't surprise me if ANY other wavedriver (any other company or sound-driver) causes a confrlict. Try removing any other other sound drivers, and see if that works.

I'm using 5.3.3 with an HD system, if that makes any difference.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Latest ASIO driver? --Install Problems

Hello, I am having a similar problem with installing the ASIO drivers on my system. I get an error indicating that an old version of PT is installed, which is incorrect. I have only had 5.3 installed so there should be no old registry info hanging around. Could someone at digi give us some advice, I submitted a bug on the betat but have heard nothing for several days.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:10 PM

Justin,

Reading your post again, it strikes me that you might not know that you have to select the asio drivers in Vegas, as in:

Options/Preferences/AudioDeviceTab/set'AudioDeviceType'='DigidesignAsioDriver', then also click (tab at bottom ) 'Advanced/Configure/Advanced' if any Digidesign hardware config changes are needed.

Was that it?
Old 08-28-2003, 12:16 PM

I had the same problem intalling the current beta ASIO driver and found that the only way I could install it was to uninstall PT (5.3.3) then run the ASIO installer. I have a feeling this might cause problems though as I can't run my Native Intruments B4 with the Digi ASIO driver (crashes the B4). I don't have another ASIO capable program to test. Digi, is there a chance that the final release of the driver will be available as a separate download?
Intel i7 Core 920
12 GB RAM
Matrox M9140
Avid Artist Mix