Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 04:50 PM

Default Response to avid private email

Hello There !
You sent me a notice and specifically prevented me from responding to it even though there was reply button. I see that as an intent to violate my first amendment right: Freedom of speech so I have chosen to post my answer here
Thank you

Hello There!
Specifically your moderators 'must' be polite when they respond to my post. What kind of 'bias' does this site have if "you" think I was the one insulting people here and not the other way around? I simply responded to your moderators insult, and a man without a bone in his throat doubled down on the insult. I told him he was being ignored and he escalated it from there. Was that an insult? maybe, but by that time your moderator should have already warned him about escalating a disagreement that had nothing to do with him. You may have taken down the nasty posts that the bully Ramm wrote especially the one that mentioned vagina. But I had already taken pictures because I suspected that you might do exactly what you did: delete them and lock the site.
I am very educated and very much into advocacy, so I am not going to let people talk down to me without responding. So lets go to court and see who wins. The fact is I recognize this forum is a male dominated country club. I also recognize that I am being treated as an outsider: because I am a woman, a minority and has not racked up too many posts. So I am not surprised I received this aside mail. However, I will say this I spent a couple of thousand dollars on Avid/Digidesign products that portend to this website, so I feel I have just as much right to post here as your country club friends. Therefore, I will respond in kind to anyone of your over confident male bully here.

As I said before you had moderators on site at the time, and they neglected to nip the back and forth in the bud. I hope you also sent the Swede an aside regarding his tone in responding to my post and also for failing to tamp down the nature of conversations that followed.

As you can see I am not someone who will allow herself to be bullied by 'anyone.' As a matter of fact I think you should have sent me a notice of apology, rather than sending me this aside notice in hopes of cutting me down to size. So if you don’t like my current response you then you can close my account.

Now how do you think that would harm me? I have been here since 2003. I have 109 posts so that should tell you something. (By the way I noticed that some of your country club friends here have posts, some of which are more than 30,000). So it is no wonder you are biased in their favor.

Ultimately, you should understand why I am now going to ask you not to send me anymore biased and puffed up notices about terms and conditions of the site. I see this as a move intending to cut me down to size. Indeed, I think you should have simply sent this to your Swedish moderator and the Ramm man, both of whom had no business speaking to me the way they did.

By the way I already weigh 109 lbs. so I don’t know about cutting me down to size and I would rather not be any smaller than that.

Hello There!
I am simply appalled that you had the audacity to send me this aside instead of apologizing at the way I was treated at your male dominated country club, by your male domineering friends.
If I could bring a suit I think I would win!
Old 05-28-2019, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Re: Response to avid private email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquay View Post
Hello There !
You sent me a notice and specifically prevented me from responding to it even though there was reply button. I see that as an intent to violate my first amendment right: Freedom of speech so I have chosen to post my answer here
Thank you

Hello There!
Specifically your moderators 'must' be polite when they respond to my post. What kind of 'bias' does this site have if "you" think I was the one insulting people here and not the other way around? I simply responded to your moderators insult, and a man without a bone in his throat doubled down on the insult. I told him he was being ignored and he escalated it from there. Was that an insult? maybe, but by that time your moderator should have already warned him about escalating a disagreement that had nothing to do with him. You may have taken down the nasty posts that the bully Ramm wrote especially the one that mentioned vagina. But I had already taken pictures because I suspected that you might do exactly what you did: delete them and lock the site.
I am very educated and very much into advocacy, so I am not going to let people talk down to me without responding. So lets go to court and see who wins. The fact is I recognize this forum is a male dominated country club. I also recognize that I am being treated as an outsider: because I am a woman, a minority and has not racked up too many posts. So I am not surprised I received this aside mail. However, I will say this I spent a couple of thousand dollars on Avid/Digidesign products that portend to this website, so I feel I have just as much right to post here as your country club friends. Therefore, I will respond in kind to anyone of your over confident male bully here.

As I said before you had moderators on site at the time, and they neglected to nip the back and forth in the bud. I hope you also sent the Swede an aside regarding his tone in responding to my post and also for failing to tamp down the nature of conversations that followed.

As you can see I am not someone who will allow herself to be bullied by 'anyone.' As a matter of fact I think you should have sent me a notice of apology, rather than sending me this aside notice in hopes of cutting me down to size. So if you don’t like my current response you then you can close my account.

Now how do you think that would harm me? I have been here since 2003. I have 109 posts so that should tell you something. (By the way I noticed that some of your country club friends here have posts, some of which are more than 30,000). So it is no wonder you are biased in their favor.

Ultimately, you should understand why I am now going to ask you not to send me anymore biased and puffed up notices about terms and conditions of the site. I see this as a move intending to cut me down to size. Indeed, I think you should have simply sent this to your Swedish moderator and the Ramm man, both of whom had no business speaking to me the way they did.

By the way I already weigh 109 lbs. so I don’t know about cutting me down to size and I would rather not be any smaller than that.

Hello There!
I am simply appalled that you had the audacity to send me this aside instead of apologizing at the way I was treated at your male dominated country club, by your male domineering friends.
If I could bring a suit I think I would win!
We sent the same PM to several users involved in that thread as a reminder:
"Please review the Terms of Use again before posting.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=169558

Specifically:

You will not insult others"
Our Terms of Use clearly prohibits "criticisms or comments directed to another person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or comparable characteristic."

One of our moderators replied to your post with a question and suggestion. Note that our moderators are simply users that volunteer their time to help other users. Like other users, they are expressing their own opinions and are expected to follow the Terms of Use.

Concerns about any content posted should be communicated using the "Report Post" or "Contact Us" links.

Thank you.