Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Fastermouse Fastermouse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Between the desert and the mountains.
Posts: 439
Default Avid Anounces New Title! ;)

We are listening! In response to all the recent feedback Avid is changing the name of our flagship DAW. As of Nov. 1 Pro Tools will be called Pro Toll$.
We value your money.
__________________
Head Engineer KRBX Radio Boise
Owner Operator of The Workshop

12.4
Antelope Zen
Creation Station
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM
edadema edadema is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 364
Default Re: Avid Anounces New Title! ;)

Nice go check out Avids stock

Avid 6.08
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-01-2011, 04:55 PM
NuBus NuBus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: East Coast
Posts: 693
Default Re: Avid Anounces New Title! ;)

I bet Pro Toll$ 11 will be out early next year for another round of charges!!!!

It's not like we need this upgrade at least I see no reason for it

Keep your money and wait For a 64bit version version 10 is just a money grab or a user Tax if you will!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2011, 05:05 PM
25ghosts 25ghosts is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 3,333
Default Re: Avid Anounces New Title! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBus View Post
I bet Pro Toll$ 11 will be out early next year for another round of charges!!!!

It's not like we need this upgrade at least I see no reason for it

Keep your money and wait For a 64bit version version 10 is just a money grab or a user Tax if you will!!!
I dont know if I can afford that. I have two systems need of upgrade. One PT 7 HD and one PT 9HD. Latter I'll purchase..

Now the HD 7 costs 2499 to upgrade... What is it going to cost to upgrade that to 11... If the price increases it has this time, the price for 7 to 11 will about $7999

Nice !
__________________
2016 MacBook Pro Retina | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD | OS X Latest - PTHD 12 Latest | 4K LG Thunderbolt Display | Logic Pro 10
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM
chrisdee's Avatar
chrisdee chrisdee is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 3,033
Default Re: Avid Anounces New Title! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastermouse View Post
We are listening! In response to all the recent feedback Avid is changing the name of our flagship DAW. As of Nov. 1 Pro Tools will be called Pro Toll$.
We value your money.
Or maby Pro Trolls derived from all the trolling on the DUC lately.
__________________
Christian D Hagen | I7 Builds | PT/OS Compability Chart
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2011, 07:46 PM
orbro orbro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 26
Default Re: Avid Anounces New Title! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
I dont know if I can afford that. I have two systems need of upgrade. One PT 7 HD and one PT 9HD. Latter I'll purchase..

Now the HD 7 costs 2499 to upgrade... What is it going to cost to upgrade that to 11... If the price increases it has this time, the price for 7 to 11 will about $7999

Nice !
Don't worry about it, your Accel rig won't work with PT 11 anyway
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2011, 09:07 PM
drumzalicious drumzalicious is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 303
Default Re: Avid Anounces New Title! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Or maby Pro Trolls derived from all the trolling on the DUC lately.
indeed. this place needs a moan zone.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intel anounces 970 Hexacores sunburst79 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 18 04-22-2010 07:12 PM
dont know how to title this 'problem' with PT 7.4 cs3 djak24k Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) 4 04-15-2009 11:29 AM
BWF Name/Title chunk as Region Name? mushoo Post - Surround - Video 2 01-09-2009 02:50 AM
What Is Your Title? SPC Post - Surround - Video 13 12-09-2008 02:05 PM
getting PT to read a mp3 file w/o .mp3 in title mojojo58 General Discussion 2 06-02-2002 11:21 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com