Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-22-2009, 08:39 AM

Default stupid editing problems, mix groups, busses not working

remixing a project done elsewhere and brough it into 7.4LE and I'm having some major problems interrupting my workflow. Bear with me as this will sound somewhat schizophrenic.

Bussing appears to be totally unavailable. It's just not working. Signal won't go to a bus track, period.

Also, he's got 5 mix groups all jumbled up and I can't solo a track. It lights up but all other tracks play. So I played around and hit CTRL SHIFT and click on the mutes on every single track and I get normal my solo capability back. I delete all the mix groups and still they appear to be in the session, because when I mute the overheads they all end up muted.

Am i doing something stupid here, am I completely insane, or do i have a corrupt session of some sort? Is there an easy way to get the session to start over to normal parameters with no mix groups?
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)
Old 06-22-2009, 08:48 AM

Default Re: stupid editing problems, mix groups, busses not working

Ive had this exact problem that was fixed by dumping the preferences.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 AM

When there's a group set up, that's how it's supposed to work, you solo ONE track in the group, it solos ALL of them. BUT. You can "suspend all groups" and have it work as if the
groups have been, well, suspended......
Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 AM

for your bussing go into your i/o setups and import your lased used or your custom setup and you should be fine.

hold option key to solo a track by itself that is in a group. or you should be able to your group settings, (bottom left on both mix and edit) and delete them there. make sure you delete BOTH the mix and edit groups in case he has some that are only one or the other.

and yes trash your prefs and databases and app data to be safe if all else fails.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 6800k
Win 10
Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenk2k View Post
Bussing appears to be totally unavailable. It's just not working. Signal won't go to a bus track, period.

Also, he's got 5 mix groups all jumbled up and I can't solo a track. It lights up but all other tracks play. So I played around and hit CTRL SHIFT and click on the mutes on every single track and I get normal my solo capability back. I delete all the mix groups and still they appear to be in the session, because when I mute the overheads they all end up muted.

Am i doing something stupid here, am I completely insane, or do i have a corrupt session of some sort? Is there an easy way to get the session to start over to normal parameters with no mix groups?
Have you tried suspending all automation?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 AM

Some great advice above. Whenever I import a session done elsewhere, the first things I do are, turn off automation, disable all groups and (usually) delete all aux sends and call up my I/O setup. A little time invested up front will save a lot of cursing later on. I usually also reset all the zoom presets, make sure keyboard focus is on and make sure my favs are set(like Tab to Transient).

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-23-2009, 08:22 AM

Awesome advice. As soon as I copy and format my recording drive (its fragmented like a mofo) I will do this and get back into this session. as always, a great forum for learning and collaborating.
We don't have the user centricity. Until we understand context, which is way beyond presence — presence is the most trivial notion, just am I on this device or not; it doesn't say am I meeting with something, am I focused on writing something. [LIST][*]Bill Gates .NET Briefing Day Speech (24 July 2002)