Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2016, 02:28 PM

Default Eleven + Eleven MkII + PT12.5.2 on Windows 7

Could someone with Eleven and Eleven MkII plugins installed on a PT 12.5.2 system running Windows 7 confirm whether or not the older Eleven plugin is missing from the plugins menu? I'm using Eleven v12.1 and Eleven MkII v12.3 for my installers.

For a little backstory: I've been running a co-install of PT10HD + 12.2.1 for the past year and decided to put PT 12.5.2 on a new system build. However, it appears that the Eleven MkII plugin makes the Eleven plugin disappear from the plugins menu with the latest version of PT. If the MkII plugin is disabled prior to launching Pro Tools, then the older Eleven plugin reappears. The "Eleven Free" plugin is not affected at all by the MkII. The Eleven and Eleven MkII coexist just fine when running PT 12.2.1, so I can only imagine that the developers introduced a new bug into the Windows platform since last summer.

I really expected a massive leap in quality with the latest version of Pro Tools since, after all, I've been running a year-old version of it up through now. However, if the constant evolution of Pro Tools means that it becomes more and more broken, and therefore, more and more unpredictable to use, then it only makes more and more sense to stick to a particular version and its known flaws. If that's the case, then there isn't much advantage to being a loyal subscriber to the annual upgrade plan other than to fill some insatiable need for something that smells new.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Eleven + Eleven MkII + PT12.5.2 on Windows 7

I think you have to have PT10.3 to get the old plug-in. 11. doesn't have it and neither does 12 from what I have seen. I have an acquaintance with PT 12 and he isn't too happy with it either.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Eleven + Eleven MkII + PT12.5.2 on Windows 7

The original Eleven plugin license is bundled with the Eleven MkII for backwards compatibility. They both work properly in PT 12.2.1 but that doesn't seem to be the case for PT 12.5.2. I've confirmed this on two different systems. However, I haven't seen anyone else with this particular issue so it's totally possible that I have a bad set of installers or something.

I can get the old Eleven plugin to work in PT 12.5.2 if I remember to disable the MkII first, but what a PITA! In my opinion the house of Pro Tools is just riddled with bugs -- probably enough to warrant an entire certification course dedicated to workarounds. SMH.