Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2009, 03:06 PM

Lightbulb Re: New Command 8

I hope the new controller incorporates high end faders which work through Digi's ethernet port?
I can say that I've been using PT since PTII and now have purchased "Logic" 6 months ago which I'm getting use to but testing an MC controller with Logic seems very nice. I'll wait a little longer before I pull the trigger but being able to change to other programs and run two different computers through the MC seems out of Digidesign's range of compentency.

Please no cheap mic pre-amps can you please just sell a high end (faders and transport) small controller ?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:27 AM

Default Re: New Command 8

My vote would be 8-16 fader, scribbles and monitor/com system similar to the C/24.
(Surround monitoring)
Yes to ethernet as well.

As odd as it may the new Alesis has (for my needs) the closest feel/price of anything out there.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblasters View Post
and run two different computers through the MC seems out of Digidesign's range of compentency.
The ICON can do that... so I wouldn't say it's out of their "range of competency". I just don't really see them putting a feature like that into an entry-level controller like a Command|8. If you are running a studio big enough to need multiple PT systems simultaneously, then your studio is big enough to afford an ICON...
Old 01-05-2009, 03:05 PM

Even if they stripped the i/o outta the 003 and just had the control surface, I would be pretty happy. I would also like to see some kind of expandability like the Mackie or Euphonix.. Buy the main part now then add faders and/or knobs down the road..
Case: Antec Take 4 CPU: Intel Q9550 Mobo:Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 Vid Card: EVGA GeForce 8600 GT System Hard Drive: WD Caviar 160GB Storage Hard Drive: WD Caviar 1TB Firewire: ADS Tech PYRO PCI 64R2 OS: Win 7 64bit Monitors: 2x Acer 22" Interface: DIGI 003r DAW's: Pro Tools 8, FL Studio 9
Old 01-05-2009, 03:50 PM

I agree with kingchong. I've always thought digi dropped the ball on the expandability of there control surfaces for LE. I loved my 002 but hated the fact that you couldnt buy an expansion pack for it. (mackie has got it going on)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:42 AM

Arrow Re: New Command 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G. Killa View Post
The ICON can do that... so I wouldn't say it's out of their "range of competency". I just don't really see them putting a feature like that into an entry-level controller like a Command|8. If you are running a studio big enough to need multiple PT systems simultaneously, then your studio is big enough to afford an ICON...

If I made a move towards a digital controller it would be a Euphonics...Also, your missing the point of running multiple computers plus multiple programs not multiple PT's It's about making money at a studio not losing money and there's many large studio's making the choice not to purchase an ICON for many good reasons.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo View Post
My dealer told me the command8 is being discontinued. There's a new controller surface replacing it soon.
Your dealer is wrong - there are no plans for a new controller in the near future.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Your dealer is wrong - there are no plans for a new controller in the near future.
Poo.

How about expanding 3rd party support like for the C4?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
That's a shame.. Income tax time is just around the corner..
Case: Antec Take 4 CPU: Intel Q9550 Mobo:Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR Ram: 8GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 Vid Card: EVGA GeForce 8600 GT System Hard Drive: WD Caviar 160GB Storage Hard Drive: WD Caviar 1TB Firewire: ADS Tech PYRO PCI 64R2 OS: Win 7 64bit Monitors: 2x Acer 22" Interface: DIGI 003r DAW's: Pro Tools 8, FL Studio 9
Old 01-07-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Well that sucks bigtime!!
Command 8 is looong in the tooth. It looks like it was designed in the 90's...
C'mon Digi, with PT8 looking soo sexy as well..tut!
I'd settle for a single fader (like the alphatrack) but with knobs mapped for compressors, eq's and sends (like the 80k icon center section )
Looks like i'll have to make one myself.. bah
Intel 2700k 3.8ghz
16GB Crucial Ram