Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2021, 02:28 PM

Default Protools Cloud Offline

I recently bought protools for the first time to use its cloud collaboration features. I even got some friends to buy it too. We all seem to be having issues with the server connectivity. It has been offline for the past few days starting last Thursday. While it did work Monday afternoon and Tuesday its broken again.

Opening my project (cloud session) in protools its now failing in new ways. Attached screenshot shows the error message. Also, when browsing in Avid Link to check list of projects, it gets stuck on "Loading" and never returns a result. I reported the issue to Avid Friday and they apparently got around to taking a look Monday but its broken again. Anyone else having issues?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg projects.jpg (11.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg error.jpg (27.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-17-2021, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Protools Cloud Offline

Hi welcome to DUC.

Unfortunately, you should have looked on DUC at the many many many posts of users having problems with cloud collaboration with Pro Tools First or Pro Tools cloud collaboration/project storage. It appears to be very flakey software and I would not risk wasting my time or risk losing work trying to use it.

If you have Pro Tools standard or Ultimate you can collaborate reliably the old fashioned way by sharing content/session files. Just copying the files offline/while not being used via any file sharing/cloud storage services.

And splitting hairs but a Pro Tools Cloud Project is *not* a Pro Tools Session, they are different formats.

Edit: and hopefully you to Pro Tools on a monthly subscription plan to test this out so all involved can walk away at minimal cost if you want to look at other DAWs.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 02-17-2021 at 04:28 PM.