Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 09:15 PM

Default voice allocation

I encountered a weird bug with voice allocation. Sessions dating back to 5.0.1 (now 5.1 24Mix G4) disabled numerous voices and did not let me re-allocate. They were grayed out and stayed greyed out. Also a number of sends and inserts were greyed out. This was weird because I have had these sessions open in 5.1 before and and re-estabished them under the new circumstances. Reopened sessions after trashing DAE & PT pref + Digi Setup.... still same problem.
Put a new Digisys Init into the system folder, and a new DAE. Same problem, couldn't get voices to work for several tracks (12 - 15 tracks). I was able to make new tracks, and copy playlists to the new tracks and then trask the old tracks. But then I found an easier work around, just for your info if some of you guys get the same problem. I found out I was actually able to re-allocate the sends/inserts and make them active. After doing that, I also could reallocate the stubborn passive voices!!!!
Feels like some real bug to correct in the upcoming 5.1 update, DIGI.
And please - MAKE A CHOICE IN PREFERENCES TO TURN OFF AUTO VOICE ALLOCATION!!!!! I don't want some auto whatever messing with the voices I allocated myself. I don't trust Auto allocation as it is, and even if the bug gets fixed there should still be an option to turn auto off completely.

One more thing I would love changed - in MIDI, please seperate track height from note height. Wjen you want a large track height it is probably because you want to see the whole of a piano track or other tracks with a large range, and then it is not very helpful if the note height gets bigger too!!!! So I think there should be a seperate TRACK HEIGHT and a seperate NOTE HEIGHT. Thank you.
Old 06-23-2001, 11:22 PM

Default Re: voice allocation

Your midi track height / note height grievance isn't a problem. Use the midi note height buttons next to the waveform height buttons which are by the tool selector buttons. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2001, 12:20 AM

Default Re: voice allocation

Wow. Never seen that one. Thanks!