Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-09-2002, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Thankyou Digidesign

I knew I screwed that up.

the other platform!

Peace,
Jason
Old 03-09-2002, 07:13 AM

>"You'd think if somebody hated a company so much they wouldn't spend so much time hanging out at their website!! Or maybe they just love to hear themselves bitch."

Wow since joining this forum, I've always wanted to say that...

Old 03-09-2002, 09:08 AM

cane,
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> Somehow i think ther is a more sarcastic tone form these post's Doc.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, I noticed that in one reply but chose to ignore it and continue the positive intent of the majority [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Gaffer,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> I am mixing 5.1 in my home studio. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me too. On PTle (because I like it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]) and 001. My next step up will be TDM.
Old 03-09-2002, 10:33 AM

The 001 has been a blessing to me too. I had previously only woked with hardware recorders and wanted to have more control over editing so I looked into software recorders. I liked the 001 b/c I didn't have to worry about buying to seperate pieces of equipment (harware, software). Plus, when I watched the promo video ( [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) everything seemed intuitive to me. PT worked just like a hardware recorder. I had looked into cubase and some other programs but I really couldn't get my head around them. Now if I had went that route, I would probably be doing fine with them now, but at the time I really couldn't afford any sort of down time to learn a whole new means of making records.

Even better yet, one of the guys who was a regular complainer on this board got in touch with me and offerred his for a good price. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As I see it know, the only way I'll dump my 001 is for TDM.

peace
Everything That's Fly
Old 03-09-2002, 04:11 PM

This is a far nicer thread about the 001 than most of the ones I have seen with people moaning about the 24-track limit, no OS X support, no dual processor support and so on.

I must admit I have only had my 001 and Mac for that matter for two weeks and I just love Pro Tools and the 001.

Before I got the 001 and the Mac I was using a PC with Cubase VST, Cakewalk 8 and a Aark24, after moving to a 001 on the Mac I can not see what people are moaning about what a diffrence.

Firstly the Pro Tools interface is by far the easiest I have ever used, it eliminates the need for a separate audio editor which I was always having to use with Cubase to do diffrent things, everthing is in just the right place and works so well.

With regards to the whole OS X thing, being new to the mac I haven't really looked at OS X so do not know all the benifits etc. However to be honest 9.2.2 isn't that bad and I would rather have Digidesign do a good job (which I am sure they are) with the OS X version so it works rather than doing what seems to happen with PC's and have a quick version released that kind of works on the new OS and then have the working version released a few months later. I bet if Digidesign had released an OS X version and it didn't work very well then people would still be complaining but this time that the software didn't work.

Well that is just my view on it all but still, thank you very much Digidesign for a very nice product.

Lee [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
PT LE 6.1.1
Digi 001
---
Old 03-10-2002, 12:46 AM

I'm addicted to Pro Tools. While there are some areas where I'd like to see an upgrade, I actually spend time in the evening just piddling around with my 001 system rather than watching TV. It's fun! I spend lots of time just experimenting with a sort of "what if I did this -- what if I did that" sort of curiousity which is often like being a kid and playing with my favorite toy.

My WIFE of course isn't that amused. She'd prefer snuggling on the couch and watching "Friends." But she'll come around. I'll just have to move the computer into the den and get it displayed on the big screen. Then we'll snuggle up and "move a few regions" together. I'll tell her that if she treats me right, I might even be into "a little compression." And that if she really behaves herself, a little "Aural Exciter" might not be out of the question!
Old 03-10-2002, 04:58 PM

Same as above. Love the 001 and all it w that I have upgraded to a G4 800...it just gets better.

Thanks Digi...001 came out about 1 month after I started making plans for a home studio. Couldn't have timed it better.

Thanks everyone else for the positive thread.
Old 03-10-2002, 06:57 PM

This is the best. Can you feel the love?

What say we all gang up on the complainers and form a posse to kick them out of the DUC? Any time you see a thread of somebody complaining about all the usual BS, hop on and tell them what morons they are and how much we all love the DIGI001. And don't stop until they quit complaining!

Us intelligent types have to stick together.

T. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2002, 08:08 PM

As a long time Cubase user on first Atari then PC, I have never regretted the huge investment in time and brain expediture which it cost to change to PTLE and the Mac platform.
PTLE/001 is an amazing and reliable piece of gear.........in one year and a half I have done about 10 docos, including music, voice overs and sound FX, as well as a couple of library discs, a handful of CDs and a jingle package for a radio station. Pro Tools has never let me down.
THANKS DIGI!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2002, 08:43 PM

I started recording in the late sixties, had a 3340 in 1975 and by the early eighties had gotten out of it. I got excited about the technology in 1995 and bought a lot of gear in 1996. I know that sounds like it was not too long ago, but the best I could afford at the time was the AudioMedia II card in a mac, which gave me four tracks of audio in StudioVision. Last year I started messing around with ProTools Free which gave me eight tracks of audio. And a few weeks ago I bought the 001 so now I have 24 tracks of audio. I got RealVerb, Autotune and ChannelStrip. I am amazed at what this means in terms of audio quality and opportunities. This is the equivalent of the very best studio available ten or fifteen years ago. I am excited. As someone who has been bumping around audio recording for almost thirty five years, what we have here is nearly unbelievable. Too, I am so used to doing with less that I would be surprised if I used more than 14-16 tracks for my most complicated productions. So far 14 tracks has been the max.