Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 12-20-2004, 10:06 AM

Default PT 6.7cs3 problem with MIDI devices publishing

First of all, I apologize for not having test results with the new build cs4, but according to the release notes, it doesn't address any of the issues I'm presenting. I finally got an HD3 Accel running on a Dual 2.5Ghz. Everything's good, except a couple of issues. When I was working on Mix+ in OS9, creating a virtual instrument in PT would automatically create a MIDI port for that device (for example, a Stylus instr.) that would be available to other apps. In fact, I used to work with PT and DP3 together, and DP3 would always see the MIDI instantiation of an instrument plug-in set in PT. Now under Mac OS X (Jag) this no longer is the case. A virtual instrument instantiated in PT is only available in PT.

Second issue: PT has a hard time interpreting the info in the Audio MIDI Setup app. I have an AMT8, all 8 ports used. Some of the ports are shared by more than one MIDI device, each device carefully assigned to channels that others have disabled (device X's channels 1-8 only are enabled, device Y's channels 9-16 only are enabled). In the setup each device also receives from particular channels that no other device receives from on that port (device X receives only 1-8, device Y receives only 9-16). Yet, if a device appears in the setup as receiving the first 8 channels, I can assign any of those first 8 channels to a MIDI track output in PT, however if a second device appears in the setup as receiving channels 9-16, PT will fail to allow me to assign any of the output channels 9-16 of that port. I have to literally create single channel devices in the Setup app from 9 up. This problem does not occur in DP4 with the same Audio MIDI Setup. DP4 is capable of assigning any device and any channel appearing in the Audio MIDI Setup app.

Any solution/workaround/confession? Thanks.
http://www.compressionrecords.com