Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2015, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Please Avid We All Really Want You to Be Successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1racerx View Post
I feel alienated. Right now pt11 for some reason has decided to take 3 minutes to load, including plugins. In the process of trying to add new tracks to an existing song my old plugins work but I can't get ANY new plugins to work in new tracks. It was working fine a week ago. I downloaded pt10 which seemed to be much more stable but constantly crashes on start-up. My Ezdrummer2 plugin window is always cut off on the bottom, which is not helpful. I'm get timid every time I start this program thinking it's going to crash, lose settings, or loose/destroy work. I just don't see how anyone could call that type of ptsd a success. I like the features of the product, but I don't want to spend hours upon hours messing around with software bugs or work arounds trying to get a recording. I would not buy this program again.
It seems you have other under the hood problems. The only thing that slows my PT11 HD when first booting is the Avid video engine. Check your prefs to see if that option is checked and uncheck it. Unless your session is running a video file you don't need it. Your display problems sound like a graphics driver/OS system issue. Beyond that no one can help you since you don't say what computer you are using and the specs. I suggest looking to other threads for user solutions...they exist but you have to do some search work to troubleshoot your real problem.

This thread is for us cranky longtime users to bitch at Avid about PT12....

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 03-20-2015, 02:32 PM

FWIW 95% of my PT11 problems went away (a year ago) when I did a clean install on Maverick and never put PT10 on. Sure keep PT10 around - but use a separate boot drive for it. Also be very careful what plugins you put with PT11 - make sure they are ALL checked one by one individually - (assume nothing).

Now back to the endless aching and complaining -- start a real thread for real problems... LOL
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 04-19-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
computer you are using
I've had those same issues with 2 completely different computer systems, by 2 completely different manufacturers.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1racerx View Post
I feel alienated. Right now pt11 for some reason has decided to take 3 minutes to load, including plugins.
If your on windows you need to make sure defender is not auto scanning the plugs individually
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.