Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 11:07 PM

Default control for logic & audio unit support for PT. su

Control surface support for Logic & Audio Unit support for Ptotools,Can Someone out there
code somthing up? If Digi won't do it,Does anybody know a 3rd Party, to take on the task?
Hey maybe I should patent the idea! That might light a fire under there,a--. I Just Wanna see this happen!!!!!!

I would Like to know how many of us Protools/Logic users would like to see this happen

cum on Digi we luv u but we luv mac & apple too. cum on you no ya wana do it, in 4/4 time,.. cum on u no u wana do it, repete................................. Sign Here
Old 11-19-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: control for logic & audio unit support for PT. su

I wanna be the first one to sign this, To me this would be worth," I;ll give you a thousand dollars cash $$$$$$$"
Old 11-20-2005, 09:22 PM

The best one could hope for would be that they would come up with an HUI emulation but that's probably unlikely unless they wanted to manufacture and sell more units with a new marketing strategy.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:53 PM

It would be as simple as giving apple permission. then Apple could include digidesigns machine control,in there list of controllers.My 8 dollar Keyboard & Mouse controls every program in my computer. My 8,000 dollar Control 24 controls only one.But no, they do the opposit,by letting third
party hardware manufactures like Mackie and M who M audio control Protools, How Fkn Stupid is that.
I think it should be the other way. The good Hardware should be Controlling Everything.
I Have a Control 24 for sale right now for that reason. My intension is to get a Mackie control and extender.So I can control My damn software,My apps are, Final cut studio, Protools & Logic.Mackie right now controls them all,Hell it probably controls avid too.They should bring back Protools Free for Mac osx. Everybody who starts out in Garge Band ends up in Logic.Maybe If they start out in Protools, they end up in Protools.Lets face it, The Control 24 is just an all in one unit that ties up your computer.If your gonna make hardware like this,then you might as well put the software right in it...
Old 11-20-2005, 10:58 PM

Quote:
The best one could hope for would be that they would come up with an HUI emulation but that's probably unlikely unless they wanted to manufacture and sell more units with a new marketing strategy.

Ya Whatever!