Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-13-2004, 12:47 PM

Default I\'m switching to LOGIC...

Sometimes I’m so pissed that I chose pro tools.
I’m very disappointed that PT’s LE doesn’t even have timecode or the option to expand your movie window. Instead you have to pay $1000 for the DV kit – what a rip off.
I’m switching to logic express. It’s half the price of the DV toolkit and you get everything that pro tools has to offer + more.
Why is digidesign so cheap to there customers?
Old 03-13-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: I\'m switching to LOGIC...

Ooh please stay with us!!! How can we go on with our music production without You??? Or our lives....
Old 03-13-2004, 02:04 PM

Must be nice being able to drop money like that without doing any research at all. Jeeze. I spent a month and a half researching all the ins and outs of pro tools before I purchased it.

-Chris
Pro Tools LE 7.4
Event 20/20bas
bottle of Johnnie Walker Black behind right monitor
Old 03-13-2004, 02:31 PM

ha,
the reason i would switch - is because i can't do what i need to do at an affordable price with PT's. every other sequencer has timecode.. timecode and video size is a small feature that even programs like sonar support. i just don't dig some of digi's logic when it comes to giving little extra free features to the customers. everything is huge amounts of money. i guess they do rule the industry though.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:06 PM

Be carefull about the logic "lite", it has may features left of from the pro. Study the comparison chart closely.

Namely more limitations than the advertising suggests
No 5.1 mixing

I'd only look at the pro version, and I'd wait for 7 to avoid paying for an update in 3 months.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:14 PM

Bye Bye!!

I've just spent another week recording some huge Rock Legend on his 002R system and putting drums down through it too. Granted - I don't need timcode sh*t but we just flew stuff over from old ADATS and nudged it into time real quick. Timecode for Audio Engineers doesn't always need to be a necessity - NOT taking away from your need.

I can't begin to imagine doing the same in Logic. I couldn't have recorded the amount of stuff in the last three days as productively in Logic.

I OWN LOGIC PRO. I LOVE IT.

I ALSO OWN PRO TOOLS. I LOVE IT

Quit whining. Each to his own - we are not interested

Logic is Awesome
Pro Tools is Awesome

We don't care what anyone else uses. Do you want help with Pro Tools? You've come to the right place
You want help with Logic?............www.sonikmatter.com

Sorry to the duc'ers if I sound pi**ed off, but I can't stand mindless whining posts.

Mike - Love you all really!
Old 03-13-2004, 03:45 PM

hey "huge Rock Legend on his 002R system",
if i could afford both logic and PT's like you i wouldn't be complaining -you should stick to your rock tracking and don't concern yourself with these posts if it p**ses you off.
rock on!
Old 03-13-2004, 04:33 PM

Well, as long-time PT user, I'm looking forward to acquiring Logic Pro in a few weeks, only because it's better suited for the type of music I do, not to mention that I've gone for a laptop setup recently, and Logic would allow me to do everything I need, wherever, whenever, no extra hardware required.

Having said that, I'm never gonna diss ProTools. It has served me well for the past 3+ years and will continue to do so, as I'm not letting go of my 002R (which will be my interface when at home, Mac's audio out when away) and PT will come in handy when recording live musicians or final mixing and home-masters. Your reasons for switching are entirely your own (and somewhat valid) but I have to agree with the comments that before investing in such a system, a little research does the mind good.

When I first got the 001, I knew what I was getting into and at the time, it was fine for my recording needs. Sure, sometimes our direction changes, our writing style gets affected and perhaps another application comes around to better serve our new needs, but let's not get onto a PT cursing match. It's never the less a stellar program, harness what you can from it in addition to learning Logic (if possible), you won't regret keeping PT around should you want to expand your recording options with other people in the future.
Old 03-13-2004, 05:12 PM

I Agree with Mike X They are both great in there own ways,I love them both but i definetly choose PT for audio editing,comping,plugs over logic any day.Hopefully the MIDI side of PT catches up to logic.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:52 PM

Just got the upgrade to to Logic Pro upgrade....today !

Have not got a chance to check out though....still finishing a mix in Pro Tools.....ditto to all who appreciate both !

its 12:30 in the morning ...
are you going to bed?
G4 733 Ti 1Ghz 001 Mbox LE6.4 OSX 10.3.8 QT 6.9 XP80 XV2020 Midiman 2 POD2 Logic 6.43