Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 AM

Default Crashing during startup issue

Ok I figured out the issue I had in the thread I made last night, so after changing my OS, Pro Tools SE installed. But now, when I double click the icon, Pro Tools will load for a second, but then crash when loading the plugins. Any help is greatly appreciated as I've been trying to get this to work for close to 12 hours now to no avail, and when I call customer support they say theres nothing they can do and tell me to come here...
Old 11-29-2010, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Crashing during startup issue

ok so downloading quicktime fixed that issue, now it keeps saying avid cannot find hardware, when the mic is plugged in and recognized by my pc. infact i can even hear myself in the mic when the window pops up and says that, talk about frustrating. one issue after another. and guitar center just told me i cannot return this product, awesome.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 PM

Hi, Sorry for your frustration, Im havibg the same issue, When i insert the disk, and it sais i need 1gb of ram to install. I have 2gb of ddr, Whats wrong< \?
and could tell i should istall quicktime on my computer might help? Thanks.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:26 PM

yeah install quicktime and then install service pack 3 and thats what worked for me... but after it taking 5 hours for me to figure that out on my own, now its saying that its 'unable to locate avid hardware' when I can hear that the mic is on. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and nothing seems to work.. any help would be appreciated
Old 12-07-2010, 10:49 AM

Hello, Make sure the mic is not plugged in during the driver install. Once the driver is installed and the mic gets plugged, open the producer control panel and see if it says connected or not connected. If it says not connected PTs SE will not open. You can leave the Producer mic control panel open and try other USB ports on the PC until it says connected.
This link will help you manually update the driver:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...088cda91d578da

Another thing that can help are the Avid Optimizations for XP:
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=349591
Old 12-13-2010, 01:47 PM

how did you make it install? when it said it needed 1 gb ram when you already had it... i cant seem to fix mine.