Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 PM

Default Realtime Bounce to disk

Hi

I own 7.3 M-Powered and I love it. However, I have just purchased BFD2 which is an amazing piece of software and one that I don't want to do without. Pro Tools is very unstable when I have it up and running anyway but when I try and commit the drums to audio, it's a glitch and click hell!

Are Digidesign looking to feature an offline bounce to disk to avoid glitches in busy tracks, rather than the currently available realtime only bounce in future versions? With all the advanced features available I was so surprised that something that even Garageband offers (with the lock track function) is not available in Pro Tools?

It is a shame because I love the software but due to this lacking feature I'm thinking of going over to Logic.

I'd be interested to hear other peoples experiences/frustrations with this.

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-12-2008, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Realtime Bounce to disk

what I tend to do is disable all the tracks other than the VI I want to make audio and the destination track after a fresh boot. If your snap crackle and pop at that point, then you need a faster computer or faster external.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Realtime Bounce to disk

Quote:

It is a shame because I love the software but due to this lacking feature I'm thinking of going over to Logic.
joeydego is on the spot IMO.

Well, I've been bitching and whining about this feature for a longtime as well, but seriously, going to Logic for this? Let me tell you then that Logics offline bounce can be pretty strange if your sessions are maxed.