Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2010, 12:42 PM

Talking Re: Logic with 002Rack

Thanks DTS-
I've learned over the years to never install untill the thread I've instigated has settled out- even well meaning suggestions may turn into "bad things"-
Will try the logic later today and let ya know-
Old 01-19-2010, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Logic with 002Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Flommer is right on that - definitely don't install the standalone drivers if you already have Pro Tools installed. Bad things will happen.
Huh? Then what is the Core Audio Driver that loads when I open up Logic, Audacity or iTunes, or standalone versions of Kontakt4 and Guitar Rig4 and Amplitube2? That's not the stand-alone Core Audio driver?

I've been running the Digi Core Audio drivers with 3rd party apps since 5.x. What is now different that all of a sudden screws it up for Protools? what "bad things" will happen? My system works fine - is this rare?

+++++++++++++
Wait a minute...do you mean RE-INSTALL the Core Audio drivers on top of the ones installed with Protools? Is that where the problem is?

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:05 PM

Talking Re: Logic with 002Rack

Works Great!! Sweet!!
Thanks everyone- I 'preciate the help!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwilliam View Post
Huh? Then what is the Core Audio Driver that loads when I open up Logic, Audacity or iTunes, or standalone versions of Kontakt4 and Guitar Rig4 and Amplitube2? That's not the stand-alone Core Audio driver?

I've been running the Digi Core Audio drivers with 3rd party apps since 5.x. What is now different that all of a sudden screws it up for Protools? what "bad things" will happen? My system works fine - is this rare?

+++++++++++++
Wait a minute...do you mean RE-INSTALL the Core Audio drivers on top of the ones installed with Protools? Is that where the problem is?
When you install ProTools, the Core Audio drivers get installed.

The Standalone Core Audio installer is if you do not install ProTools but still want to use the Digi interface for other apps.. It is as simple as that..

And according to DTS, Installing the Standalone driver package over a ProTools installation can "cause bad things to happen". That's a good enough warning for me...
Old 01-21-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flommer View Post
When you install ProTools, the Core Audio drivers get installed.

The Standalone Core Audio installer is if you do not install ProTools but still want to use the Digi interface for other apps.. It is as simple as that..

And according to DTS, Installing the Standalone driver package over a ProTools installation can "cause bad things to happen". That's a good enough warning for me...
Ahhhh...That explains it. Thx.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.