Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 01-25-2021, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Show used Automation

A related problem I've found is that after you've done a couple or 32 re-conforms, random breakpoints get written all over the session.

The thin automation command often doesn't remove them either, even though they're not actually changing a value.
This would potentially break any chance of just spilling used automation tracks.

I think the bottom line is PT needs work in the way it handles automation, especially as we all rely on it so heavily these days.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Show used Automation

Agree, there's a lot that could be streamlined. Basically automation didn't really change since 7.4 I think?

Avid should also talk to Clearmountain. Last time I talked to him he said he vastly prefers the way SSL handles automation. Of course not functionality-wise, but especially that you can have different automation passes and compare them easily.
Same on Encore automation on Neve consolses.

While I think PT automation is great, there's certainly room for improvement.