Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2015, 04:30 PM

Default How many purchased PT 12 believing Cloud Collaboration was in it as advertised?

I'm curious how many purchased Pro Tools 12 or a "Support Plan" so you would get Pro Tools 12, believing Cloud Collaboration was included as advertised.

Such as in this promo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPqdNygQB38

Please post here if you did.
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.

Last edited by Ghost In The Attic; 03-27-2015 at 07:03 AM.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:50 PM

Default Re: How many purchased PT 12 believing Cloud Collaboration was in it as advertised?

Please show me an official PT 12 advertisement in a magazine or on a website that shows the features of PT 12. I never saw anything. It just showed up. I know some online were saying what they thought was going to be in the initial PT 12 release. But I never saw an official advertisement of PT 12 features from Avid. Email just showed when 12 was on sale.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:27 PM

Default Re: How many purchased PT 12 believing Cloud Collaboration was in it as advertised?

It was never advertised that the cloud collaboration stuff would be available on day 1.

"“With Pro Tools 12, audio professionals can now access the software in more ways than ever, and enjoy an outstanding customer experience via the Avid Marketplace. And with the upcoming Avid Cloud Collaboration for Pro Tools, customers will be able to create, connect, and collaborate in unprecedented new ways.”

Where does it say " avid cloud collaboration will be available the same day PT12 will be launched"...?

http://www.avid.com/us/press-room/ne...olsinnovations

So, actually, for now, Avid delivered what they say they would deliver: Pro Tools 12 with new licensing options, and UPCOMING cloud collaboration stuff. If you're on the plan, you don't have to worry, it's coming this year
Old 03-26-2015, 10:00 PM

GIVE ME A DHGFVVRYHBFR BREAK!!!!!!

The cloud thing has been the conerstone of everything that they have been promising!!!!!!!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 03-26-2015, 10:41 PM

CC...all part of the AVID "3 card Monty". Speaking of side bets: How long do you think it will be before this CEO (Bain capital style bandit who's name I don't know and wouldn't mention if I did) gets moved out? I say by the time PT13 +/- rolls out. Guess it depends on his parachute deal...Jeez these kinds of CEO people are such sacks!

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 03-26-2015, 10:41 PM

Check this item from March 18, 2015 - borderline fraud as they purposefully conflate "Avid Everywhere" (which they have pitched as the new cloud platform) with existing local area network products to make it seem like there was no iceberg....

"Avid® (Nasdaq:AVID) today announced that M6 Group, the media company behind the most profitable national television network in France, has embraced Avid Everywhere and implemented a cutting-edge Avid media asset management solution for managing content and media assets."

"Thanks to Avid Everywhere, we now have a workflow that will enable us to thrive in today's competitive and constantly evolving media environment," concluded Béjanin. "We will continue to look to Avid as a technological leader as our company continues to grow and evolve."

http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/...20150318-00431
Old 03-26-2015, 10:45 PM

Corps kissing Corps...nothing new here.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television
Old 03-26-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph View Post
It was never advertised that the cloud collaboration stuff would be available on day 1.

"“With Pro Tools 12, audio professionals can now access the software in more ways than ever, and enjoy an outstanding customer experience via the Avid Marketplace. And with the upcoming Avid Cloud Collaboration for Pro Tools, customers will be able to create, connect, and collaborate in unprecedented new ways.”

Where does it say " avid cloud collaboration will be available the same day PT12 will be launched"...?

http://www.avid.com/us/press-room/ne...olsinnovations

So, actually, for now, Avid delivered what they say they would deliver: Pro Tools 12 with new licensing options, and UPCOMING cloud collaboration stuff. If you're on the plan, you don't have to worry, it's coming this year
They've talking up the cloud thing for a friggin year - of course people thought is was going to available!
They were talking it up at AES last year - they had seminars about it all day long for 4 days! - of course people thought is was going to available!
They had huge crowds at NAMM in january - Thanks all they talked about for days (well Pro Tools First too.) of course people thought is was going to available!
You can't hype up a features and then not even throw anyone a bone.
Do you tease your dog with bone and then not give it to him?
We'll that's what Avid has done look everyone look at Freeze looks cool huh?
Do not want it?
Nope can't have it yet!
Not pro! not cool!
Old 03-27-2015, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
They've talking up the cloud thing for a friggin year - of course people thought is was going to available!
That's my point. They talked about it. We thought it was going to be available right away. But they never stated officially that it would available on the first day. Note that I'm not "defending them" - I'm not crazy about PT12 myself, for the last couple of days I've been trying to decide if I'm buying Logic Pro X or not...
Old 03-27-2015, 04:30 AM

I bought PT 11 so I could upgrade to PT 12 for the Collaboration. When I called Avid's Sales Department to clarify info on the purchase and upgrade, that's all the salesperson talked about was the Collaboration and I told him that's what finally drew me to Pro Tools.

Chuck M