Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2002, 08:45 AM

Default All regions disappear from regions list... ? - help

Hello,

Recently, when working with sessions that have a very large number of regions, the regions list will go blank. Thus I no longer have access to any other regions other than what are already sitting in the edit window. Trying to "import" etc only results in the rig locking up. I did recently try using the regions "find" function, and was able to bring some regions back into the list window this way. Regardless, this appears to be a bug with the program... whenever the regions list gets very large, it blanks. Anyone else familiar with this problem? Is this "normal" - is there perhaps a "limit" to the amount of regions any given session can handle? I will admit, this only happens when I have a VERY large amount of regions in my sessions.

Any ideas, info, experiences regarding this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-imp
Old 07-13-2002, 03:48 AM

Default Re: All regions disappear from regions list... ? - help

It's never happened to me but it suggests that you might get them back if you allocate more RAM to protools.

only change the prefered size, the leave the minimum at the default setting.

try 5Mb more, open the session, if it's fine leave it if need, keep adding 5Mb more till it does. If that still doesn't help and you've used most of you're free RAM then maybe it's something else.