Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2019, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Does anybody have 100% connection with Artist MIX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robreed2 View Post
Didn't have time to full check it today...but on a MAC, there is no RESTARt option...
Wrong.
Click on the app icon in the top menu bar, right side.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:14 AM

OK .. Latest ... I found the RESTART icon, it basically closes and opens Econ... so tried that when the Artist Mix lost connection... It disconnects the Artist mix from the Mac and re joins it, I can see the AVID logo come up on each channel, but then it just goes back to blank (-) channels...and remains un connected to Logic.??? So the problem is not the connection between the AMC and the AM.... its the connection between EUCON and Logic... there is nothing in fathers software to say its connected or to RE CONNECT...especially in LOGIC...if you Used a MACKIE controller, you can see the settings with in LOGIC... but with etc EUCON its all behind the scenes which is not good... SO FRUSTRATING....
Old 04-10-2019, 05:00 AM

On the odd occasion I lose connection to Artist Mix I quit Eucon and relaunch the app.... always reconnects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
So the problem is not the connection between the AMC and the AM.... its the connection between EUCON and Logic... SO FRUSTRATING....
Maybe... but be careful, If the Artist Mix is working for a while in Logic, but then suddenly just drops the connection... In my opinion suggest there is a break, or interruption in communication that Logic cannot re-establish.

What stands-out to me is the break, or interruption part.

What if the Logic issue is just a symptom, or side effect that would not normally present itself if there was not an interruption in communication in the first place.

My suggestion to you, is to not discount all of the earlier discussion, just because the net result appears to end with Logic!

Remember $1000 headache, with a possible $20 solution... just sayin'

Al
Old 04-10-2019, 11:43 AM

I will try to router, Ill order one now.... worth a go... Im sure its the software connection between Logic and AM... but I'll be very happy if its a hardware issue...lets see.... Its so weird, as I said teh connection between AM and Mac is still there, but NOTHING seems to re start then Logic connection, apart from re booting LOGIC... I disconnected the INTERNET ethernet connection today, and it run for a while, I though I'd cracked it, but left it alone for 20 mins , came back and it had lost connection to Logic...and nothing I did would re connect...so Ill get this Router/Splitter and try it... Wish a somebody from AVID would chip in with a solution of how to re connect the thing to LOGIC...???????.. Perhaps its the price we have to pay to use LOGIC over PRO TOOLS>???
will this work??? as I cant find the one you have... is this similar...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZOOJX..._t1_B003X7TRWE
Old 04-10-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I will try to router, Ill order one now.... worth a go.https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZOOJX..._t1_B003X7TRWE
Okay... you know there is a difference between a Router, and a Switch?

At least the link you posted is for a Switch, which is all you need.

But, as mentioned earlier... you should not ignore the throughput spec of the Switch.

For instance is the 1 Gigabit bandwidth shared by all five ports, or is each port able to work at 1 Gig simultaneously. This may be of importance because of what Southsidemusic said about his experience with the lower bandwidth HUB's.

I saw no indication on the website of what the actual throughput is for the switch you linked to... The one I linked to clearly gives this in the specs... Just something to consider?

Also, I just noticed that you referenced using a computer from 2010... It might be helpful if you post the complete specs of you setup in your signature, so others will have more info to work with on the onset. See how helpful mine is?

If you do a Google search for Logic Pro, and EuCon... you will find many references to issues related to Logic, and different MAC operating systems, as well as how they relate to particular EuControl versions, and which firmware you are using in the device itself.

I don't know, but a ten year old MAC may be a can of worms indeed!

I'm not trying to pour gas on the fire, but merely suggesting that there is a wealth of info available regarding issues others have had over the years.

But as I said earlier... every troubleshooting exercise involves limiting the noise by tackling each issue one by one.

Small moves... where have I heard that before? Oh yea!

Al
Old 04-10-2019, 01:30 PM

Ok..Iv ordered the one you suggested...
Ill get back when it arrives...Ive updated my set up description... My mac is old, but apart from the Artist Mix is issues it handles everything really well, and is usually solid and powerful...and its such a big step to update it all re: PCI cards,etc drives)..etc... So will try this Switcher... and hopefully will see a updated EUCON that is promised that address some LOGIC issues....Thanks for your help !> ROB
Old 04-10-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Ok..Iv ordered the one you suggested...
Ill get back when it arrives...Ive updated my set up description... ....Thanks for your help !> ROB
I don't see your setup. At the top left side of this page... look for the first "Post Reply" button. Just above that you will see the text button " User CP". Click that button and you will be presented with your user information. Look down the left side of the page until you see "Edit Signature". Click that to enter your setup info for everyone to see... Thanks!

Please report back, as it will help others that may share similar issues!

You are very welcome!
Good Luck!
Al
Old 04-10-2019, 02:52 PM

Ok, I updated Signature..Hopefully it works, Thanks ROB
Artist Mix Direct connection to Ethernet Port
Old 04-10-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Ok, I updated Signature..Hopefully it works, Thanks ROB
Yes... that worked!
Goodnight!
Al