Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 02-28-2019, 11:43 AM

Default Does anybody have 100% connection with Artist MIX?

Just a general question...does anybody have a 100% CONTINUOUS connection with Artist Mix and their set up....... Or is it just expected to SOMETIMES disconnect, and accepted as the way it is. I can guarantee that at least once a session it will disconnect and nothing brings it back with out a re start...... Not sure who is to blame, AVID, Apple ?? Just would be great and reassuring ( though I would be jealous ) if it does work 100% for some people...I'd like to know how ... Thanks
Old 02-28-2019, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Does anybody have 100% connection with Artist MIX?

The last time we used our 4 Artist Units (2 x Mix 1 Control and 1 Transport) all black Avid branded we had them connected to one of our Trashcans with Sierra and PT 12.8.3 HD and all the units connected to one ethernet hub at 5GHz which is crucial as 2.4GHz or less will have major problems with stable connection.

The internet hub was like 30 bucks and it was a 5GHz and had 4 inputs and important - It was a POWERED HUB which was used for our 4 units.

We had tried a few before this one with only powered via the computer and another was 2.4GHz and both was crap. The hub we ended up having 1000% success with just worked and worked!!!

Had it from OSX 10.8.5 and via. Mavericks, Yosemite, skipped ElCap and went to Sierra and then Mojave but we sold the 4 units to a friend who saw how stable and awesome our setup was working even though he resd that some users had issues were one or all units was dropping out but we helped him install them and made sure he used the correct ethernet cables and set up the Eucon Software correctly and now a year on and they haven’t had one issue at all with the setup we sold him.

So yes if everything’s setup correct and if you have a Powered Hub with 5GHz and a stable ethernet connection there shouldn’t be any drops or other issues.

We had the WiFi OFF on that trashcan as you dont need to be connected to the outside internet to work them, just turn off WiFi as I believe that will make less of a fuss for Eucon to run 100%.

Let me know if you need further info or advice and I am happy to help

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-28-2019, 12:31 PM

THANKS SO MUCH>...I will try what you said...and come back for advice, I LOVE my artist mix, just drives me mad when it disconnects...At the moment Its connect direct to the Ethernet connection on the back of my Mac PRO 2010...I have the internet coming in the other Ethernet socket on the back of the mac...does that sound right >> Thanks ROB
Old 02-28-2019, 12:37 PM

I will make sure that is correct and report back... and as you dont use a hub you have one less piece of gear eliminated from the troubleshooting.

Will ping Eddie who developes Eucon at Avid and see what he has for us in terms or troubleshooting. We used our interns for these setups so I might say something wrong and better to have the guy who developes Eucon chime in.

Hang tight

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-28-2019, 01:03 PM

thanks guys...I use it with Logic...which I think may be the problem !!!!
BUT if it can be solved happy days !!!!!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robreed2 View Post
thanks guys...I use it with Logic...which I think may be the problem !!!!
BUT if it can be solved happy days !!!!!
Yeah. Someone else reported problems with Logic and it dropping off. Something they did with a recent update. You should probably alert/complain to Apple.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 02-28-2019, 12:36 PM

100%

Artist is wired ethernet. Pro Tools Mac is wired ethernet (as is Dock and iPad). All go to a HP Procurve 1820 network switch.

Pro Tools Mac wireless is never turned on.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 04-10-2019, 05:00 AM

On the odd occasion I lose connection to Artist Mix I quit Eucon and relaunch the app.... always reconnects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk