Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Any waves plugin with similar result as D-fi?

Hi all,
just wondering if any of the waves plugins yield similar results as the D-fi plugin.

Thanks,
Ruben
Old 04-14-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Any waves plugin with similar result as D-fi?

Quote:
Hi all,
just wondering if any of the waves plugins yield similar results as the D-fi plugin.

Thanks,
Ruben
Try the Restoration Bundle
Old 04-14-2005, 10:38 PM

[/QUOTE] Try the Restoration Bundle

[/QUOTE]
The Restoration Bundle is for Hum/Noise reduction, D-fi is something completely different.

"A grouping of 4 unique plug-ins (Lo-Fi, Sci-Fi, Recti-Fi, and Vari-Fi) provide tools for creative sound design in the TDM, RTAS, and AudioSuite environments. Lo-Fi delivers bit-reduction for vintage analog sound processing without the expense of retro equipment. Sci-Fi adds analog synth-type ring modulation, frequency modulation, and variable frequency resonators. Recti-Fi is super- and sub-harmonic synthesis, and Vari-Fi allows processing of disk files to create the effect of audio changing speed to or from a complete stop."

I have the Waves Plat. bundle so i guess what im really asking is if there is a specific waves plugin that people have used to get similar results as the Lo-Fi plugin of the D-fi bundle.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:43 AM

In a word, no. There's nothing that Waves makes (I have the Diamond Bundle) that does what D-Fi does. I have D-Fi, and must say...I rarely use it.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:02 AM

Quote:
In a word, no. There's nothing that Waves makes (I have the Diamond Bundle) that does what D-Fi does. I have D-Fi, and must say...I rarely use it.
I love D-Fi...I love using and automating Recti-Fi on some bass loops, it really adds a great dynamic. Is there any reason Ruben_B that you'd prefer to have a Waves version rather than the Digi version?
1 Gig PC2700 Corsair Memory
120 gig Ext USB 2.0
32+14 DaveC PT 6.9
Old 04-15-2005, 07:19 AM

No. D-Fi a different beast. You may be able to find some VST plug-ins that can do similar things. I use D-Fi a good bit. It' great for adding grit to a synth part that sounds weak (Lo-Fi). Vari-Fi is cool when you use it in ways it wasn't intended for. I like smearing curse words with it. Like "Fuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwww" instead of "F$%@." SciFi is also cool for creatively bleeping swear words, or just for making annoying sounds.

D-Fi is definitely cool.

rockrev
Old 04-17-2005, 06:02 PM

thanks guys for the replys

Quote:
I love D-Fi...I love using and automating Recti-Fi on some bass loops, it really adds a great dynamic. Is there any reason Ruben_B that you'd prefer to have a Waves version rather than the Digi version?
funkyghoul, its not that i prefer a waves vers. rather than digi its just that i already have the waves plat. bundle and figured that if i could use a plugin that i already own to get a similar result as the D-fi bundle then it would save me a few $$$

Cheers!
Ruben