Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2017, 10:40 PM

Default pro tools 12 bundle vs crossgrade

apologies if it's an obvious question: been using pro tools 10.3.8 for the last few years and would like to upgrade to pro tools 12 (perpetual license). Have seen several websites that offer the perpetual license as well as a less expensive crossgrade pro tools 10/11/12, offered as a perpetual license but with the following warning: LE HARDWARE SERIAL NUMBER IS REQUIRED.
would like to know what that means exactly?? many years ago i bought a new digi 002. owning the digi is necessary for getting the crossgrade?? and will this crossgrade be basically the same as the full bundle version? if the crossgrade is the same as the bundle one except you need to own a piece of Avid hardware (in my case the digi), i would go with the crossgrade as it's less expensive. the terminology seems confusing! any help greatly appreciated!
Old 11-01-2017, 10:48 PM

Default Re: pro tools 12 bundle vs crossgrade

Hey

That text is or was for the PTLE versions like PT7/8 which have been discontinued and have no upgrade or crossgrade path. Those LE versions were using the older Avid boxes for dongle instead of ilok so no need for an interface today. Just the license on the ilok key.

Since PT9 Avid has granted us to use whatever interface we like and have the ilok as dongle instead of
Authorizing with hardware interfaces

Here is a chart with pricing structure and what you get:
https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/pr...upgrade-chart/

If you have a PT10 license on your ilok you would pay $299 for the upgrade and get a year free updates and upgrades should PT13 come out within that year. That includes a Perpetual license if you decide not to renew the annual plan after that first year.

Note: you need a newer iLok key for PT11/12 to work. Not the old green "keyshaped" one so you know to add another 40-50 dollars for that.

Best Regards and please let us know if you have any questions.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-02-2017, 09:55 AM

hello, thanks so much for your prompt response! really appreciate it! if i understood correctly, i would simply need the $299 upgrade as it would be a perpetual license, correct? thanks again!
Old 11-02-2017, 10:17 AM

Yes.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:46 AM

Yes here too

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-03-2017, 10:08 PM