Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2016, 01:48 PM

Default Support and Upgrade Plan Renew

Hey guys, so I went to renew my "Support and Upgrade" plan that is expiring in 6 days. I have been in long debate about this with myself as when I calculate it out, its a total rip off compared to the way it has always been. $99 a year just isn't worth it for how many times I like to upgrade or ask for help yearly from my past history record for Normal(LE) and $399 is insane for my HDX as well.

But thats another conversation, lets NOT get into on this thread please. Bottom line is I decided to go ahead and do it. As Avid seems way worse than Digidesign and its like you have to upgrade to fix their own problems ! Only to introduce more, then the circle continues.. SO F- it... I'll do it.

Well someone PLEASE don't tell me what I seen it true. But when I went there in my account, it seems there is a separation between update plans for the software and then one for the plugins that came with the software ???????????? WTF ?

I am just hoping this is a mistake, or not how I am reading it ? So its really $200 a year to keep service and updates for this ? And why does their not seem to be a "Plug In and Support Plan" for HDX ? Can someone please clarify ? As usual, when a company makes a bad call, another way it shows as a bad call is it is convoluted.. Well = Here we go !! lol

Thanks for all help in advance folks.
www.rouletterecords.com
[email protected]

Any fool can complicate things;
It takes a genius to simplify them

Old 04-18-2016, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Support and Upgrade Plan Renew

Hey, and sorry, one more additive question.

So there also doesn't seem to be a "punishment" cost for letting the plugin one expire, unlike the Update one. So just curious, if I let the plugin one expire, can I just renew it anytime I want again for $99 ?

Also, again, what exactly is this plugin one ? I am confused here. If the plug ins come with the software in the first place, why in the world would I need pay to keep them separately as they ARE part of the software I am "updating" in the update plan.

Know what I mean ?

Someone please help me here as I need to make this decision fast, it all expires in 6 days and apparently (as usual with Avid) its not working right and it seems best to do it a few days early.
www.rouletterecords.com
[email protected]

Any fool can complicate things;
It takes a genius to simplify them