Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 02:55 PM

Default mac pro, leopard, PT 7.4, noise attack

Hi,
I have a production going in my studio, that does not work with my G4 powerbook. so i bought a mac pro. Now the mac pro came with leopard an its really fast, but i have one big problem:
when recording or playback is running - the playback stops and first makes a noise, like a very fast loop, then ALL channel give their maximum output in a very high and agessive niose. that makes your head explode, if you wear headphones.
i have tried different playback-engine-settings, but no matter what i do, cpu-usage is almost zero. i tried internal and external - hds. both the same. i also switched the firewireports from front to back. still same result. monday is the next production-day. do i really have to switch to logic till theres a leopard-update? or is this a known, fixable thing? a friend of mine told me, he had the same error, with a different noise-sound. by the way, the error massage is "increase your buffersize..." i guess 9136 or something. i mean, this mac should do 14 channel, 3 plugins with any buffersize...

thanks a lot,
greetz,
florian

Mac Pro Quad 2,66Ghz, 3GB ram, PTLe 7.4, Duende...
Old 12-01-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: mac pro, leopard, PT 7.4, noise attack

ProTools läuft noch nicht auf Leopard. Um es Stabil zu kriegen, müssest Du Tiger installieren.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:22 PM

Spent last 3 day learning about buying my first mac- just walked in from picking up my mac pro. And yup, what I've learned is I made sure it didn't have Leopard installed. One guy had no problem with 7.3 and Leopard- most warned me that Leopard would be dangerous til they make upgrades in January.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 AM

Ok, thanks,
what about installing parallel desktop - win xp and run pro tools on win xp on leopard.
does that work? anyone tried that?
where and how do i get tiger?

greets,
florian
Old 12-02-2007, 07:18 PM

Pro Tools won't run under Parallels. You can however install Windows XP under Boot Camp on an Intel Mac and run Windows from there. But frankly, your best bet right now on a Mac is to run PT under Tiger. Do it according to Digi's recommendations and it will be fine. There is absolutely no benefit to running PT under Leopard at this point. If you want Leopard for running other apps, then install it on a separate partition. But for now run PT under Tiger.