Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2014, 12:38 PM

Default Hearing recorded tracks while recording

I have a MBox Pro and Pro Tools 11. Using headphones plugged into the front headphone jack, I can hear all tracks when I playback. But if I am recording on a track, I can hear what's being recorded, but not what has been previously recorded on other tracks. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Hearing recorded tracks while recording

Thanks for the reply. Actually my problem is the reverse now - I can hear the playback but can't hear the track I'm recording on played back through the headphones. So if you're singing you can't hear yourself in the headphones. You hear the playback loud and clear, but not the vocal on the track that is recording. I'm baffled.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:43 PM

I defaulted everything in the In/Out and Bus setups like you said.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:11 PM

That's exactly the problem - when I plug the guitar into input 1, arm the track, and play the guitar, you can see the meter move and it records, but you can't hear it through the headphones. Same if I plug a mic in - nada.

It should work straight away, but it doesn't. There must be some software setting or hardware button somewhere that's pushed that shouldn't be, probably on the MBox Pro, but I've reviewed the manual and checked it out repeatedly.

I'm gonna feel so stupid when I figure it out.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:20 PM

I think this may be the problem: I downloaded the updated MBox Pro driver issued Sept 2013, which solved the following problem they described, which is my problem:

"Fixed problem where monitoring of record-enabled channels in Pro Tools with Low Latency Monitoring enabled would not function until a recording was made"
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 PM

Turns out the new driver did NOT solve the problem. I still can't simultaneous record and hear that track during playback.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:44 AM

I solved the problem. I had Low Latency Monitoring checked, but my setup couldn't handle it. The manual warns about the problem in the section on Low Latency Monitoring.

Thanks the your help.