Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2010, 04:55 PM

Default Trigger setup advice

Looking for some thoughts for this set up. I have an acustic kit that I use in my studio as well as gig out with . My main goal is to send midi data into PT and use BFD,DFH,Strike kind of app and record the midi data and also play back out of PT/drum plugin and fees headphone and or PA depending if I am recording or jamming. I have been looking for a trigger to midi solution and seems to be kind of limited. I will down the road get a Ddrum d4 unit but I found a Yamaha TMX unit for cheap, will this work for now until I can afford a nice unit like the D4? Any advice or is there a better way? I like the the idea of having some sounds in the hardware unit for live and not drag a laptop out, Hope to here some feedback from you guys, I don't post much but I have been lurking here since 2001 almost daily for 9 years!!!! Hats off to the all the pros I have learned so much from over all the years.

www.kineticrecordingstudios.com
Old 03-09-2010, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Trigger setup advice

The Alesis units work quite well as trigger to MIDI interfaces, I'm just not excited about the sounds.. but hey you are triggering other sound sources!