Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-09-2021, 02:33 PM

Default Avid Control unable to connect Win10

I just upgraded EuControl and Avid Control to the latest versions 2021.6, but am unable to connect from the apps. Tried both my older iPad Mini in the dock, and a separate iPad Pro, same results.

The Avid Dock connects fine, and the Avid Control did once or twice sporadically but then never again.

I tried all the usual tricks and searched the forums. No avail.

It seems to be in the discovery. The app and the EuControl cannot discover each other reliably. Didn't used to be a problem until this latest version.

I did verify networking, and made sure nothing was blocked in the network security settings.

The one curious error I do get in the Windows log is this:

Bad service type in EUCON_Node_Browser 73-B5-61-26-00-00 20720._EuDOF-AllKlierBFC._tcp.local. Application protocol name must be underscore plus 1-15 characters. See <http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html>

It's there many times coinciding with times I tried to make the app connect.

Wonder if there's a new bug in the latest version that doesn't like Windows 10 installs?

Sometimes I wish there was a way of just telling it which IP address to talk to. Automatic discover is wonderful when it works, but just very frustrating when it doesn't.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:04 AM
Avid

Default Re: Avid Control unable to connect Win10

Thats a Bonjour error and is normal. I presume the Control App is the same version as EuControl? If you run this command in a CMD window does the Control App show up? What's the IP address of the Tablet....is it in the same range as the Windows machine? Have you tried an uninstall (using the installer) checking remove all apps and remove prefs?

dns-sd -B _euconproxy._tcp