Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2006, 09:43 PM

Default how do i re-enable sleep feature?

I just upgraded to PT6.4.1 on OS X 10.3.9 with a MIX system. (MDD G4 dual 1g)
I can't put my computer to sleep anymore.
I know all about the issues with the hardware not being recognized after waking up. I also know not to put it to sleep while PT is running.
I read this:
"In OS X, there is no way for the Digidesign hardware to reacquire the software when coming out of a "deep sleep" (Deep sleep is when the user forces the system to sleep by selecting Sleep from the OS X Apple menu). Thus, Digidesign has disabled this feature while any of our hardware is installed or connected. Even if you could put the Mac to sleep, a reboot would still be required before the hardware could reacquire the software."

I want to be able to put my computer to sleep though. If I have to restart in order to use ProTools that's fine. That's what I'm used to doing in OS 9.
Anyone know how Digi disables sleep when installing PT and how to reverse this so I can use it again?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:50 AM

Default Re: how do i re-enable sleep feature?

It's available to me, perhaps you need to quit ProTools first.
7.2/10.4.x