Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Track Redering/Consolidating.

Greetings to all PT users!
I am trying to render my tracks as I am going to have a song mixed at a studio that doesn't use PT and I need ensure each track (wave file) starts at the same point.

So far I've tried rendering the lead vocals. This is what I did:
* I selected the full track (hi lighted it from beginning to end)
* From the Edit menu I selected consolidate and then Protools created a duplicate(?) track.

Is this correct so far? How can I tell the track is actually rendered?

Do I then simply export each individual file to a hard drive & then take that to the studio?

Thanks everyone!

Kon.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Track Redering/Consolidating.

That's the idea. Most people will make all tracks start at the same spot (bar 1 for example) for the easiest time lining them up in the new software.

You can tell the file was rendered because a new filename will be displayed on the region than whatever it was named before, and it will be black/bold in the region bin (indicating its a whole file and not just a region).