Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 07-20-2019, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for all subscribers

Already have it, getting HEAT in the offer that is being presented shortly isn’t forcing perp lic holders onto subscription.... it’s a one off payment that will give HEAT along with your current perpetual lic.... there is also a seperate subscription ver for it by the looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbone View Post
I would rather spend US$ 29 in Waves NLS. You won't get system integration, but it gives you 3 flavours of awesome console warmth(with emulation of all the non linearities of 32 channels and busses) for a fraction of the price and without that subscribe bull.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 07-20-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
The blessing of being able to turn out many more great mixes for years before the discounted Heat on all Protools systems was available.

But now you better start working even harder cause now everyone has access to it and can turn out just as many great mixes in their mom’s basement between their part time job at the local coffee house and their part time classes at the local community college.
Yeah!!! And to add to that, big thanks for beta testing it for us
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 07-20-2019, 05:47 PM

I don’t want Subscriptions, but it’s great to read about a $199 Perpetual licence for HEAT!

When HEAT only ran on HD, the HEAT license had to be on the same iLok as the HD license.

It appears this restriction has not been lifted for 2019.6 “Vanilla” – that is, the HEAT license must be on the same iLok as the 2019.6 “Vanilla” license. (That is, I can’t make it work with HEAT on one iLok and 2019.6 “Vanilla” on another iLok).

Less hassle if there were no restrictions, so, I certainly hope I’m wrong about this!
Old 07-20-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
But now you better start working even harder cause now everyone has access to it and can turn out just as many great mixes in their mom’s basement between their part time job at the local coffee house and their part time classes at the local community college.
I wish
Old 07-22-2019, 08:05 PM

I'm confused about Heat. I have the annual subscription plan and have had since 2017 or whenever they first went to it. If I understand things correctly, Heat was supposed to be available when I updated to 2019.6, right? Well, I did that, but no Heat. Its nowhere to be seen on PT nor on my iLok as an available license. Did I misread something? Is it yet to come? What's the deal? I wish Avid would make stuff like this simpler to understand instead of having to jump through all kinds of hoops to figure out how you obtain something!

Old 07-22-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I'm confused about Heat. I have the annual subscription plan and have had since 2017 or whenever they first went to it. If I understand things correctly, Heat was supposed to be available when I updated to 2019.6, right? Well, I did that, but no Heat. Its nowhere to be seen on PT nor on my iLok as an available license. Did I misread something? Is it yet to come? What's the deal? I wish Avid would make stuff like this simpler to understand instead of having to jump through all kinds of hoops to figure out how you obtain something!

If you rent PT, you’ll receive it shortly.

If you have a perpetual license that you pay a yearly renewal on, you won’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post

If you have a perpetual license that you pay a yearly renewal on, you won’t get it.

Another option (pending): buy a Perpetual HEAT license for US $199

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...-no-extra-cost

“What About Pro Tools Perpetual License Holders And HEAT
The perpetual license version of HEAT will be available as a promotion at the lower price of $199.”
Old 07-23-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let me see if I have this straight. I started with purchasing PT back with 7.0 several years back. I subsequently paid for all the upgrades through 12.0. Then I switched to the annual renewal plan for $99 per year (up again this Oct). I also have the annual subscription for Avid plugin Bundle for either $49 a year or $99 (can't remember which it is). So, all in all, I've probably got over $1,000 already invested in PT over the years. So now if I want to add Heat, because I have a perpetual license with the renewal plan, I have to pay an additional $199 to get Heat, while those who just jumped in with a subscription plan for $299, I would get heat AND the bundle at no additional cost?

Excuse my ignorance here, I only worked in business and finance for 20+years, but shouldn't those who have already invested the most get the best deal...as in Heat and the bundle at no additional cost, and the newer subscribers can get it for the $199? Asking for a friend!

Old 07-23-2019, 08:02 AM

And question number 2. Since the new deal includes both Heat AND the plugin bundle, will I still have to pay the annual cost of the bundle, or will that be free to me with the annual renewal plan I have for $99? That isn't clear either. Once again, Avid never fails to confuse!

Old 07-23-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
And question number 2. Since the new deal includes both Heat AND the plugin bundle, will I still have to pay the annual cost of the bundle, or will that be free to me with the annual renewal plan I have for $99? That isn't clear either. Once again, Avid never fails to confuse!
These comments are spot on. I’m in film. I haven’t spent a ton of money on pro tools compared to some of my colleagues, and I imagine I have spent well over $40k on Digidesign/Avid hardware and software over the years. They already know that professionals are locked in and have no choice. No sense in rewarding us.