Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 04-23-2006, 08:17 PM

Default Unable to launch PTF in 9.2 anymore

I have been able to launch PTF when I re-started in 9.2 when I was using Jaguar and Panther. But ever since I installed Tiger, I have been un able to launch PTF. I get this message, "DAE error -228", even though I re-boot in native 9.2.
I have even tried to boot up using an external firewire hard drive which has nothing installed on it but the System Folder and PTF. Still get the same error message. I'm stumped.

Any suggestions?

[email protected]
Old 04-24-2006, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Unable to launch PTF in 9.2 anymore

Just a guess, but I'd try a PRAM reset, and if that doesn't fix things, then try an Open Firmware reset of nvram, following either with booting into OS 9 of course.

Since the -228 error refers to PTF being not compatible with OS X and you're getting it with the FW drive, it seems to me that the only place left for anything to do with OS X would be the PRAM. PRAM does store things like kernel panic info for OS X. Perhaps Tiger lodges something which previous versions didn't, and it's this which is causing the DAE error in PTF. But this is just a guess.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Unable to launch PTF in 9.2 anymore

I got that message after installing Tiger and an M-audio Transit interface (which doesn't work with PTF).

Check your Apple > Control Panels > Sound menu. Make sure that your inputs and outputs are set correctly. I had to reset mine to make PTF open.

Good luck.